EVGA SuperNova G2 750W quiet or loud?

Hemanse

Im a bit of a sucker for quiet components and i recently picked up a EVGA SuperNova G2 750W PSU on black friday, heard many good things about them when it comes to reliability and so on, but i never really looked in to how this unit handles noise, is it loud under load or do people who use it never hear it?

It does have the ECO mode which from what i understand only turns on the fans when the load is over 375W or so.

I havent had a chance to install it yet since the MasterCase Pro 5 i bought with it sadly have a defective side panel :(

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Its not the quietest thing ever because of the stamped steel

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Its not the quietest thing ever because of the stamped steel

Im sorry, im not even sure what stamped steel means :)

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Im sorry, im not even sure what stamped steel means :)

This

850_750Gs_Hero.png

vs this

PSUB.jpg

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Im a bit of a sucker for quiet components and i recently picked up a EVGA SuperNova G2 750W PSU on black friday, heard many good things about them when it comes to reliability and so on, but i never really looked in to how this unit handles noise, is it loud under load or do people who use it never hear it?

It does have the ECO mode which from what i understand only turns on the fans when the load is over 375W or so.

I havent had a chance to install it yet since the MasterCase Pro 5 i bought with it sadly have a defective side panel :(

I have the GS and I know it's silent until the fan comes on at 25% load which is a quiet fan anyways. I know the G2 is branded to be silent so it should be.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's not the quietest power supply I've owned, HOWEVER; enable "Eco Mode" and the fan will only spin at a specific temperature.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

This

850_750Gs_Hero.png

vs this

PSUB.jpg

Okay, but does that really impact noise? :o

It's not the quietest power supply I've owned, HOWEVER; enable "Eco Mode" and the fan will only spin at a specific temperature.

Okay, would probably just keep it in eco mode, pretty nice a cold here in Denmark most of the time. Im guessing it probably isnt louder than my XFX ProSeries 850W Black Edtion PSU i have now :)

Okay, but does that really impact noise? :o

Yes

Overall quality should trump psu exterior material selection, I just got an evga supernova 750g2 and can say that I cannot hear it over 2 corsair sp120 fans spinning at a low speed.

Okay thanks, sounds like it should do fine :)

I have the 850w model and i never hear my psu.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I have the 850w model and i never hear my psu.

Okay, send it back for a refund tho, gonna use the money to get a 500GB SSD instead, also had to send back my MasterCase Pro 5 since the door was busted, so now i also gotta find out which new case to get, think im done giving money to coolermaster :)

Okay, send it back for a refund tho, gonna use the money to get a 500GB SSD instead, also had to send back my MasterCase Pro 5 since the door was busted, so now i also gotta find out which new case to get, think im done giving money to coolermaster :)

you already have a xfx pro (high quality) so why u need knew psu?

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

I'm just gonna say what they said- I have the 650w G2 and I never hear it. My NF-F12 is louder.

I used to be quite active here.

you already have a xfx pro (high quality) so why u need knew psu?

When i installed my GTX 970 it started to develop quite a bit of coil whine for some reason, got the G2 to replace it since it was getting rather annoying, then it just seem to die down and i cant hear any coil whine or noise from it anymore, unless i put my head flush up against the thing.

I'm just gonna say what they said- I have the 650w G2 and I never hear it. My NF-F12 is louder.

If my XFX psu hadnt sort of fixed itself i would have kept it, but since my XFX is working just fine now, i might aswell just send it back and use the money to replace my dying HDD with a 500GB SSD, gonna be nice getting rid of my last HDD.

I got a G2 750w and its not silent but pretty quiet. Overall I'm glad I bought it.