Will this PSU do for this build?

c_marriott

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Yes at says at the top of every pcpp list

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

will be fine.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I mean, it'll power it, but I really wouldn't recommend getting a 80+ PSU. I would recommend AT LEAST 80+ Bronze.

I used to be quite active here.

i wouldn't trust it, look at XFX and see what you can find 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I mean, it'll power it, but I really wouldn't recommend getting a 80+ PSU. I would recommend AT LEAST 80+ Bronze.

CX series?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

i wouldn't trust it, look at XFX and see what you can find 

Cheapest XFX is £20 more (which Is what I was hoping to shave off)

You will be fine. It is a trusted brand and is not made with 80+ potato or something. It's still efficient and cheap, So you will be fine.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

You will be fine. It is a trusted brand and is not made with 80+ potato or something. It's still efficient and cheap, So you will be fine.

The brand was my first thought, didn't see it being like a bomb or something!

True but the delivery makes it the same price as the XFX one

Cheapest XFX is £20 more (which Is what I was hoping to shave off)

look at antec then

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

True but the delivery makes it the same price as the XFX one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Flower-SF-550P14HE-UK-SuperFlower/dp/B0103E7YJC/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1449278193&sr=1-1&keywords=superflower

idk? The CX PSU will work if you really want to cheap out on a PSU.

I don't ever trust that.

look at antec then

I'll see about the PSU nearer the time, its for a friend so its up to him what he wants to do about it, probably best to stay away from anything without at least a bronze rating then right?

CX series?

I would completely avoid the cx, and cs series, there have been several issues where users have had the PSUs having capacitors dying on them causing their entire rig to end 

I'll see about the PSU nearer the time, its for a friend so its up to him what he wants to do about it, probably best to stay away from anything without at least a bronze rating then right?

The PSU listed will work, but I'm talking about efficiency. If the PSU is inefficient then you'll be using more power to power less. That = more money spent running your computer. So it's better to pay 20 pounds more now than 25 pounds in some months because the PSU is inefficient.

The PSU listed will work, but I'm talking about efficiency. If the PSU is inefficient then you'll be using more power to power less. That = more money spent running your computer. So it's better to pay 20 pounds more now than 25 pounds in some months because the PSU is inefficient.

Oh right, I'll see what they want to do then. Can't make the decision for them!

Oh right, I'll see what they want to do then. Can't make the decision for them!

TBH, the Corsair CX series is better than the EVGA W1 so go for the CX

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

TBH, the Corsair CX series is better than the EVGA W1 so go for the CX

I was anticipating your arrival. Is the quality of the EVGA supply actually worse than the CX? 

I was anticipating your arrival. Is the quality of the EVGA supply actually worse than the CX? 

The EVGA W1 is worse than the CX. The EVGA B is better than the CX. So yeah, I'd get the CX unless the 500B from EVGA is affordable. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The brand was my first thought, didn't see it being like a bomb or something!

Does it really matter though? its not like the csgo c4 being power supply. It is true that 80+ Bronze has more quality control and thus so higher quality components, but either way would be fine. If your anal about saving money, go with the EVGA power supply. If you want the better components (not that it really directly contributes to the lifespan of the pc anyways, but you could go with the cx series, as they are rock-solid.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(