drive problems/questions need new 4tb HDD

mad dudy

so i have seagate 3tb i bought in February, a day or two ago i was poking around inside my case and after that the drive didnt show up in windows or bios. after a long time of troubleshoot i found that i have to push the power and sata cables up a little for the drive to show up in bios. opened crystal disk info, and saw the power on and count and hours was at 0, im guessing thats bad. how good is seagate's RMA?

post-18118-0-34175300-1449275655_thumb.p

bought a 4tb toshiba drive last week got here today, was copying everything thing from the 3tb to it(2.6 of data) near the end of it i started to hear a thumping sound. might have been from the 3tb, unplug the 3tb drive and started copying another 100gb that was already on the 4tb to a different folder, now hearing some kind of a clicking sound. im guessing that noise isnt normal? noise stops when i stop copying the files maybe it is normal? also is 48c a good temp for the toshiba drive?

so now i will need a new drive. from

i mostly use the drives for storage, torrent and seed about 100 files from the 3tb and downloading to it everyday.

should i pay a little more and get wd or get another seagate?

would i lose out on anything if i use a 5400rpm from WD? or should i get a 7200rmp from seagate? if WD get a blue or green drive?

maybe give toshiba another shot? does the 128mb cashe make a differences in how i use the drives?

the 4tb Hitachi cost a lot more then seagate and WD so i wont buy that.

in the mean time before i get a new drive, which one should i be trusting more for the 2.5tb of data, 3tb seagate or 4tbtoshiba? cant really store all that in my other drives.

thanks guys

its not bad, power on count sometimes doesnt show up for some drives

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

its not bad, power on count sometimes doesnt show up for some drives

it use to show power on count and hours earlier in the day had about 5000 hours on it, also should i be worry about the drive not showing up in bios unless i push the sata and power cables up?

it use to show power on count and hours earlier in the day, also should i be worry about the drive not showing up in bios unless i push the sata and power cables up?

well something is wrong with either your sata cable of the hard drives connector

personally i wouldnt use the drive, but if its just the cable or connector than nothing is wrong with the actual disk

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

well something is wrong with either your sata cable of the hard drives connector

personally i wouldnt use the drive, but if its just the cable or connector than nothing is wrong with the actual disk

i tried different sata port and sata cable and power connector when i was trying to figure this out. any idea on any of my other question by any chance?

i tried different sata port and sata cable and power connector when i was trying to figure this out. any idea on any of my other question by any chance?

k the it must just be the drive itself

about the other questions, its normal to hear noises while is writing stuff

and i think i know what thumping noise youre talking about, thats normal too

the thing is, 48C is really hot for a HDD

and if youre going to get a new hard drive, go with WD, I see a lot less problems with those compared to other brands

at least from everything ive seen on this forum for the past few years

Spoiler