Any idea on how to get rid of tiny bugs that might be living inside the monitor shroud/bezel without opening it up?

Tech_Dreamer

Yeah, slight issue , it's a monitor bug, like literally a bug, 

saw a tiny really small(like really small) white bugs crawling  close to monitor bezel & disappearing into the bezel , later found out there were three, don't know if there's more

Any idea on getting rid of these buggers without breaking open the monitor(voiding warranty) or any other way without damaging the monitor itself?

Details separate people.

Compressed air, if it doesn't work, you can't do much about it unless you open the monitor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I guess we just need to think up conditions that the monitor will survive but the bugs will not.  How hot do you think the monitor can safely get? :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

saw a tiny really small(like really small) white bugs crawling  close to monitor bezel & disappearing into the bezel , later found out there were three, don't know if there's more

Any idea on getting rid of these buggers without breaking open the monitor(voiding warranty) or any other way without damaging the monitor itself?

You've made me paranoid about my monitor now, thanks :P

Never heard of a monitor infestation before.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

i would say bug spray but you would have to spray it in the monitor so you would have to open it up to let the bug spray dry

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I was thinking heat too

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I guess you better send it to a authorized service center to avoid voiding that shiny new warranty

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

may be a tad extreme, and i'm not sure how effective it is, but you could "gas" them.

get a closed box, drop your monitor in, spray in one of those bug killing cans from a corner until the air inside is visually dense (leave the monitor off and unplugged for a few days to make sure all charge is out, that stuff is flammable as hell) then leave it sit for a week or so (fully closed off, airtight seal), if by that time those buggers still live, you got yourself some crazy bugs.

OC that bitch and fry those f@*$ers!! :P

It's really weird that bugs would be living inside your monitor, but I would do whatever is necessary to get rid of them before they damage it.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I guess we just need to think up conditions that the monitor will survive but the bugs will not.  How hot do you think the monitor can safely get? :)

I was thinking heat too

i dont want to do heavy stuff, but gave me an idea, can a hair dryer do the job without damaging the internals?

Details separate people.

If you have access to a lab, try extreme radiation.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

OC that bitch and fry those f@*$ers!! :P

It's really weird that bugs would be living inside your monitor, but I would do whatever is necessary to get rid of them before they damage it.

at one point i had a bug between my LCD and the backlight. that was kinda funky xD

shit, maybe the buggers are there for heat, adding more heat to get rid of them might make em cozy, my bad :/

#Fak

Details separate people.

maybe they like the heat of the display so they feel comfortable... i´d try to increase the heat to the max that doesnt kill the display or do the opposite...freeze them to death :D

but the idea with compressed air is great too, shouldnt damage anything

step2 ... take everything away they could feed on... food lying around or watersources they could use ( your drinking glas, while your at work )

so they dont get a chance to breed whatever

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Get a fish tank and a bunch of sulfur hexafluoride (a heavy gas, like "anti-helium").  Pour all the gas into the fish tank and "plunge" the monitor into it and leave it for a day.  They should all suffocate. 

If you have access to a lab, try extreme radiation.

fun fact, insects are some of the most radiation resilient creatures on earth, pretty much the simpler the life form, the better they can withstand.

chances are that you'll get your monitor to the point it'll give you cancer before they die.

Get a fish tank and a bunch of sulfur hexafluoride (a heavy gas, like "anti-helium").  Pour all the gas into the fish tank and "plunge" the monitor into it and leave it for a day.  They should all suffocate. 

if you can get your hands on a heavy gas, thats probably a safer way of doing my "gassing" idea.

fun fact, insects are some of the most radiation resilient creatures on earth, pretty much the simpler the life form, the better they can withstand.

chances are that you'll get your monitor to the point it'll give you cancer before they die.

I know they're tough, but that's why I said "extreme", and it should do it.  Shouldn't hurt the monitor either or leave residual radiation

Alright, thanks guys, i think compressed air is the best option, thanks for all your helpful replies :)

Details separate people.

if you can get your hands on a heavy gas, thats probably a safer way of doing my "gassing" idea.

problem is it's probably tightly regulated because it is extremely bad for the atmosphere (like 2 million times worse than CO2 iirc)

Gas them

can you be specific? with what? the chlorine stuff? would it kill it? i don't want the monitor to smell like bugspray for the next few months to be honest

Details separate people.