Tech Gifts for Non-techies Giveaway!

It's a hard split.

My grandmother needs a new PC, for sure. I could probably get away with getting her a Chromebox.

She also doesn't have WiFi, so something like the OnHub would be great.

But I really do think she would get the most benefit out of the Connect Am-OH WAIT IT'S $500 FUCKING DOLLARS US. NOPENOPENOPE. She may want better living room speakers like no tomorrow after her receiver of--longer than I've been alive--20 years finally died, but I think I'll stick with getting her a soundbar like she's been suggesting. One that ISN'T from Sonos.

Screw it. I'd get her a Chromebook http://www.amazon.com/Chromebook-10-1-Inch-Convertible-Touchscreen-Rockchip/dp/B00ZS4HK0Q/

Edit: Oh, and one of these http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B00ET4KHJ2 because fuck Chromebooks, I guess.

I think a new smartphone for my mother would be nice gift because she currently have HTC sense from 5 year ago and that was her first experience with smartphone which at the current time works great but first two years and still now she still asking me tones of question from even single smallest problem such as why i dont have Internet while she on airplane mode and odd stuff like that and she constantly ask me to download apps for her and to be fact with you it still runs android 3.2 and i still starts to outdated due the some newer app doesn't work and constantly freezing up and she also complain how laggy the phone is and poor photo quality as she missed countless moments due the slow phone. As currently Motorola as sale is 299 USD for standard version but this might change so i included a second option in case this doesn't count when winner are drawn. The second option is MI4i i think is another good option as modern phone and both of this has much newer version of android. You might be asking why not an iPhone? because it not under 300 dollars and i think moving to new platform will be more confusing. 

https://www.motorola.com/us/motomaker?pid=FLEXR2

http://www.mi.com/in/mi4i/

Magical Pineapples

Was shopping around for a security camera to monitor my parents new dog they got after all their kids left the nest.

The nest cam seems like the perfect tech gift for non-techies, since they are literally plug and play compared to the average security camera system intended for business use.

Perfect to keep an eye on the dog and make sure she isn't doing anything harmful to herself.

http://amzn.com/B00WBJGUA2

I would love to Gift my dad a new camera,rather than him talking about how great his 40 year old Nikon camera,that he can never use because it's impossible to find films for it..

Nikon D3300

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ4W1QE/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

If the discount is gone than the D3200 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I'd like to give my parents a different router. The one they have is the crappy one they got form the ISP that they're subscribed to. It's so bad my dad can't even watch a Youtube video when he's siting in the living-room :/

I would love to get my grandparents this desktop. The biggest reason for this is their current desktop is a Pentium E2140, and 1GB of RAM running Vista. This thing slows to a crawl even trying to access Facebook, but they can't really afford a new one.

Good luck everyone, and thanks LMG crew.

Would love to gift my younger sister a pair of nice headphone. While she love music, she never know much about headphones and still using a pair of crappy earbuds on her desktop, she is currently on a budget due to just recently moved out to further her education, i want to show her the truly enjoyable music listening experience with this  Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 Professional Acoustically  bundle. This is the least i can do while she is far away from home, to at least give her something that can kill her boredom/homesickness when she is away from home if i win.

Thanks for the giveaway! 

And wishing you guys an amazing Christmas!

I'd get my mum an Nvidia Shield Pro + Remote. (currently$299USD)

This would allow her to watch movies and TV shows (from the living room) and get access to my collection from my NAS.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I'd love to be able to get a Bose Soundlink On Ear for my mom, as she has never had good headphones, and has watched as both my dad and I bought and enjoyed our Bose earbuds. She has just started to use bluetooth, as her new ford has all of those capabilities. I think it would be a well deserved gift for her with everything she has to put up with from the techies of the family. 

Thanks for doing this Linus. I can't afford the headphones myself, and now (if i win) I'll be able to give my mom the gift that I want to give her.

I would really like to get my wife, Megen, a 2014 Moto X. She previously had an original Moto X, and somehow managed to break her screen by doing nothing but having it in her pocket (some kind of freak accident... no idea how it broke). She LOVED her Moto X, but back in June, I was in a really bad car accident and ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks, and am still recovering, so money has been REALLY tight lately. My wife has been amazing through it all, and has taken care of the kids, worked a full time job, and taken care of me (even literally washing my back for me at times), and has put things for herself on the back burner to take care of the rest of our family. After her Moto X's screen broke, we couldn't afford to repair nor replace it, so she has been using my old iPhone 5C in the meantime, and I would love to treat her to one of the new, bigger Moto X phones to say thank you for all she's done this year, and get her off that iPhone (it's actually the phone that was on me in the car accident, and I think there's some internal damage there, as it has some problems) because I can see the frustration in her face every time she picks it up.

Preferrably the soft touch black one, but either of the other designs I think she would like.

Link to Moto X on Amaxon!!!

The other option I think my wife would like would be an Apple iPad Mini 2. She is a bit of a media consumption nut, always watching Netflix, Hulu, etc. and is constantly having to squint at that tiny iPhone 5C screen to watch stuff, A larger screen would be loved by her I'm sure.

Link to iPad Mini 2 on Amazon!!!

Thank you to you guys for doing this sort of giveaway, such a great idea, and totally in the spirit of Christmas!

A Moto G for my gran as she currently struggles with the original samung galaxy ace......

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZQVSKS2/ref=twister_B0127MKEAE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Great idea and good luck to everyone!

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

I would like to get my brother the RHA T20i, he really likes music and I want to give him a upgrade from his apple ear buds. He goes around a lot and he is a quiet person, so these noise isolating earphones would really help him to give him a nice isolation from his really frustrating school work. 

I would really like to replace the laptop my aunt is using. She bought it back in 2005 and it's running a Centrino duel-core CPU and it's not even able to run 64 bit. It's so SLLOWWW!!!

http://www.amazon.com/D550MAV-DB01-Intel-Dual-Core-2-16GHz-Laptop/dp/B00S43ORUO/ref=sr_1_83?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449179810&sr=1-83&keywords=asus+laptop&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A2224371011%2Cp_36%3A2421886011%2Cp_89%3AAsus

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

A TV for my mother. She currently has an 18" CRT, and barely uses it because it sucks so much. The color is horrid and the sound is sub-par. I'd get her a new TV: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-40-class-39-1-2-diag--led-1080p-hdtv-black/8552023.p?id=1219345079228&skuId=8552023 and a chromecast (although the chromecast would be with my own money)

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

I'd like to give my father a set of CCTV/IP Cameras. We (the last of the kids) recently moved out and shortly after there was an attempted break in. He's too proud to say it but I know it worries him. This would help put his mind at ease about it.

Here's a link: [Amazon UK]

Thanks for the giveaway linus!

Still rocking a Q6600, the best overclocker they ever made ;)

I would give a tablet for my mom, who now uses a Motorolo Xoom 2 ME which is starting to be really slow. She plays some games with it and uses social media.

Tablet would be Asus ZenPad S8 (with 4gb/64gb), link here: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ZenPad-Z580CA-C1-BK-64-Tablet/dp/B012UEUQM0/ref=sr_1_110?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449139850&sr=1-110&refinements=p_36%3A28000-30000

I think her Hay Days and Candy Crush Sagas would start to run a bit better :D ZenPad, because for the price it seemed like the oblivious choice IMO.

Awesome idea. 

My parents and younger siblings all live in a cottage in the middle of nowhere, completely off the grid using solar power 12v where they can for small things here and there and just mobile phones for internet. My younger siblings are getting to an age where they all need notebooks for school but my parents refuse to buy any for them as they have no way to easily charge laptops and it doesn't suit their off the grid lifestyle. 

So because of this I am already seriously considering buying them one of these solar powered notebook/device chargers. They're a pretty cool idea and means that my parents get their off the grid living while my siblings finally get to enjoy a PC when at home instead of just when they're at my place. I am looking into solutions for this locally but if I managed to win these that would really make my, and my families, holidays! 

My dad definitely needs a new pair of professional speakers for his PC and he is looking at audiophile grade stuff.  One of his tweeters is blown and he was looking at these the other day.

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-LSR305-Professional-Studio-Monitor/dp/B00F1DEI8G

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

wow ! really original giveaway !

i was happy surprised and it made me smile :D #that's why is watch LTT

i wow buy them a book: become a techie for dummy ^^

after that i would buy a pebble ! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011VB1XDE?keywords=pebble&qid=1449140574&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

overkill yes or just the push is the back they needed

I would love to give my parents better way to use Internet. Now they have old pc connected to tv. It sometimes work, sometimes not and i frequently have to repair it.

http://amzn.com/B00FFJ0HUE

I would give my dad the CAT b10. He's burned through three prepaid phones in the past year alone having to work in the freezer at a convenience store. I'm sure it would mean a lot to him having a newer phone that could withstand his jobs tasks. It's also not too new so he could easily understand whats going on ( hopefullly ). 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KSDZF0/ref=psdc_2407749011_t3_B00LHW5ADW

( under $300 at time of post )