[Q] do i need to prime or not?

Go to solution Solved by AresKrieger,

"That's called primer son. You paint it grey so it looks real shitty and then when you see it all shitty you say damn dude I can put some sick ass paint on that, and then you put your real paint on it and then it looks good."

-Nicky V

I plan to paint the cable management bar on a black nzxt s340. It's black in color from the factory so i'm afraid if i spray it green it'll come out dark green. does spraying on some primer first prevent that?

i7 4770K | GTX 1060 GB

Primer would definitely help, make sure you watch some painting tutorials first

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

"That's called primer son. You paint it grey so it looks real shitty and then when you see it all shitty you say damn dude I can put some sick ass paint on that, and then you put your real paint on it and then it looks good."

-Nicky V

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I plan to paint the cable management bar on a black nzxt s340. It's black in color from the factory so i'm afraid if i spray it green it'll come out dark green. does spraying on some primer first prevent that?

Primer would help since its lighter than black, but its job is to mostly hold the paint on the object. If you want a light/bright green, paint the object white first, then paint it green. It wouldn't hurt to do primer > white > green.

Here under General Painting I go over the details on that but in general it will help with adhesion but not absolutely necessary since the case was painted previously. Other prep work like scuff the surface and such should be done however:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods-new-updates/

yes, primer is white, it would make the green lighter

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I sincerely thank all of you for your replies, especially the one with nick's quote from the pimp my ride part 2 video hehe.

i7 4770K | GTX 1060 GB