How Do I Set Up A Second Monitor?

theereal

So I had an old 720p HDTV laying around and I decided to hook It up to my PC. Ive got a few questions:

Will watching a video on one of my screens whilst gaming on the other put much of a damper on the GPU? If so, how much?

How do I configure which side my screen Is on?

When I open an application on my 720p TV, the application only opens up on my primary monitor, how do I fix that? Edit figured It out :P

something like 5%

go to display settings and move them around

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

it will barely effect fps

Go into your nvidia control panal and go to setup multiple displays to configure the position

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

You can't really fix new programs showing up on which monitor, for me it's whichever monitor you last closed it on is the monitor it opens on next. 

Playing video on your other monitor will of course use the GPU, but (in my experience) it doesn't affect it much even at 1080p.

I used to be quite active here.

So I had an old 720p HDTV laying around and I decided to hook It up to my PC. Ive got a few questions:

Will watching a video on one of my screens whilst gaming on the other put much of a damper on the GPU? If so, how much?

How do I configure which side my screen Is on?

When I open an application on my 720p TV, the application only opens up on my primary monitor, how do I fix that?

If you're using Windows 8.1 or later, press the Windows button and search for "Project to a second screen" - this will allow you to connect to a second screen. There should also be a setting there that'll allow you to configure the sides of the 2 screens

something like 5%

go to display settings and move them around

"Display Settings" really Isnt telling me much :P

it will barely effect fps

Go into your nvidia control panal and go to setup multiple displays to configure the position

Did It, worked, thanks :)

"Display Settings" really Isnt telling me much :P

right click on your desktop

click display settings

move the numbers around

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.