Questions about the NZXT S340

Just as the title suggests, I am wondering if anyone has had experience with the NZXT S340.  It looks to be super stylish and quite affordable from NewEgg.  My only concerns is cooling.  Does it draw in air from the top and bottom through the front?  Would that be enough air flow to maintain a system that is not being overclocked?

Yes, I think Linus did a review on this case or looked over it, so I will be sure to go back and find those vids.

Do you think this is a good case?  Do you have any recommendations for the price point on style as well?  Anything will be an upgrade from my old budget friendly (sub $25) Rosewill case. :)

Thanks,

yes its fine

i would recommend using 140mm fans on the front though, 120s dont really have enough airflow unless you run them at faster speeds

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes it does, and it's a fantastic case.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I can't tell, but the front fans need to be removed before putting in a dual fan radiator?

Found the video.  Linus seems to really like it.

airflow is good, as at full load with the 2 included fans temps hover between 55-65c, but like enderman said it's worth adding some 140s.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Air flow is NOT good for air cooling, for 120mm water cooling is okay. I would not recommend this case, I have seen this case, the side window is easily scratch+ gloss finish attract dust.

for that price u can look into phantek enthoo pro M, fractal design define S. ( might be a little more but worth it). heck u can sometimes find nzxt phantom. bitfenix neo, zalman z11, cooler master, corsair 100r. a lot of option here. the only advantage i can see for going with the s340 is the size. it is considered pretty small for an atx case

I have the S340.

Its airflow is actually pretty good. I do recommend getting a third fan for in the front, though, because the CPU tends to get quite hot whilst gaming when the computer is under your desk (stock cooler)

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

Air flow is NOT good for air cooling, for 120mm water cooling is okay. I would not recommend this case, I have seen this case, the side window is easily scratch+ gloss finish attract dust.

for that price u can look into phantek enthoo pro M, fractal design define S. ( might be a little more but worth it). heck u can sometimes find nzxt phantom. bitfenix neo, zalman z11, cooler master, corsair 100r. a lot of option here. the only advantage i can see for going with the s340 is the size. it is considered pretty small for an atx case

What case do you currently have?

I have the S340.

Its airflow is actually pretty good. I do recommend getting a third fan for in the front, though, because the CPU tends to get quite hot whilst gaming when the computer is under your desk (stock cooler)

My old mobo and processor don't run too hot since it is used for light gaming and administering data on my home network.  I am thinking about getting a cooler, maybe the nzxt since it is recommended, but that would be later on down the road.

My old mobo and processor don't run too hot since it is used for light gaming and administering data on my home network.  I am thinking about getting a cooler, maybe the nzxt since it is recommended, but that would be later on down the road.

Well then it really depends on if you prefer it too look nice or it to be quiet.

If you want it to look nice I'd get the S340, if you want it to be quiet! I'd recommend spending a bit more on a Define R5/Define S

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

I do care about the layout of the internal.  The thing I like most about the S340 is lack of 5.25" drives.  I certainly don't need them anymore.  

Phanteks was an interesting solution.  I am looking more into it right now.

I do like the look of the Define S and it fits my "thing I like most".  Now to see if my wife will grant me that little extra in budget to build.