Today I stopped in at my local Best Buy... Thier PCmasterrace game was strong

13CA350

PCMR Booooys

SfaCmLc.png

I only PCMR ironically.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I definitely prefer the demo PC I made for work.

Board has since changed to Z170 but I'm not sure I have any half decent pictures of the updated one.

COBgqBKVAAAhVKX.jpg

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I definitely prefer the demo PC I made for work.

Board has since changed to Z170 but I'm not sure I have any half decent pictures of the updated one.

COBgqBKVAAAhVKX.jpg

Mmm, nice case choice.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The case has a window, so their idea of aesthetically appealing is to take literally every cable in the entire case and ziptie them together right in front of the window.

You do you, IBuyPower...

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

dafaq? is that an ITX board in an ATX case? I would say its a matx, but it only has 2 RAM slots and you cant see any continuation of the mobo after the GPU.

It's an mATX board in an ATX case.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128876

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Micro-ATX cable disaster should be its name. 

I think its an ITX motherboard.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Barely, remove the bottom 2 PCIe slots and it'll be ITX.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

dafaq? is that an ITX board in an ATX case? I would say its a matx, but it only has 2 RAM slots and you cant see any continuation of the mobo after the GPU.

It's not ITX, it's micro-ATX

At my emeryville Best Buy, well, it kinda blows, but it's not all bad... (For PC gaming that is)

A similar iBuyPower PC on display has an i5-4440 or 4460 on a stock cooler, a B85 Micro-ATX board (I saw the bottom slots below the 750 Ti, trust me), 750 Ti, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, some generic ass 400W PSU that looks really shoddy (I hope it's really just Seasonic and they made it grey!), same NZXT case, with THE SAME SHITTY CABLE MANAGEMENT. For 750-800 dollars.

A 750 Ti. Half-assed cable management, just like above. For 800 dollars.

I saw a similar one at another Best Buy for about 1500-ish, but at least that had a GTX 970, so I assume OP's also has a GTX 970 or similar.

Their GPU selection is a little bit pathetic, but much better than a lot of other stores like Walmart and Office Depot/Max. They carry:

Nvidia: Reference 970 and 980, EVGA ACX 2 970 (maybe 960 too), ACX 750 Ti, PNY reference? 950 and 960.

AMD: All XFX cards. Best are 390 and 390X, otherwise they have 370s, and then 1 or 2 super crap cards like a R7 240

It's not all bad though, they do have a great selection of mechanical drives, few or no SSDs tho, a few corsair PSUs, hell even a H100i GTX, and I've seen an EVGA stinger Z97 ITX board there a while back. The real cream of the crop is a solid selection of gaming peripherals, like mech keyboards and controllers 

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Let's point out other mistakes, shall we.

lEYQ7.png

stock fan in a $1500 pc

lEYS5.png

no name PSU powering a decent (?) gpu

lEYXS.png

Molex connectors. Fucking really.

lEZ2H.png

Call me crazy but almost a fire hazard.

lEZ84.png

Why did they leave 'em on the GPU.

Six mistakes counting the motherboard I pointed out earlier.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Let's point out other mistakes, shall we.

lEYQ7.png

stock fan in a $1500 pc

lEYS5.png

no name PSU powering a decent (?) gpu

lEYXS.png

lEZ2H.png

lEZ84.png

Why did they leave 'em on the GPU.

Six mistakes counting the motherboard I pointed out earlier.

The GPU is either a 950 or 750ti due to the dual Heatpipes so close together. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

GPU board is way too long for a 750 Ti so probably a 950

The one I looked at at my Best Buy has a 750 Ti

lEYXS.png

lEZ2H.png

What's wrong with the Molex connectors? Are they powering fans?

Where's the fire hazard? Don't see it, is it all the cables bunched together?

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

The power supply is so shit that it does not have a 6-pin, so they had to use the molex to 6 pin adapter. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The molex connectors are powering the GPU. And considering the PSU in it...

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The GPU is either a 950 or 750ti due to the dual Heatpipes so close together. 

Most likely. Not even a 270 or so has heatpipes that close.

The power supply is so shit that it does not have a 6-pin, so they had to use the molex to 6 pin adapter. 

The molex connectors are powering the GPU. And considering the PSU in it...

Thanks, I couldn't tell from the pictures. From what I've heard, it's bad to use Molex to 6/8 pins as the PSU usually can't keep up if you have to resort to those adapters

For the quality of the PSU, again, I hope it's just a grey coloured Seasonic PSU instead of the crappy ones that the Average Joe's Office PC would use. If it's the latter, shame on iBuyPower. 800, hell even 1500 bucks for "High-end gaming PCs", this is preposterous. Possible fire hazards, crappy cable management, and (hopefully not) no-name chinese knockoff PSUs!

I have a bad feeling that their PCs are just assembly-line PCs mass produced, instead of careful assembly by a single person, the way I, you, or another dedicated forum member would do it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, profits, time, all that, but still

Edit: Hell, you know what, Alienware might make you pay more and might be unbalanced, but at least they use good quality components and actually looks like they put care and effort into the systems they build, even creating custom PCBs, cases, and software. And I'll applaud their efforts over iBuyPower's DREADFUL cable management any day of the week

"I put that case with the window on it, just so you can see the professional cable management I did" :P

edit: 130 bucks for 16gb of PNY ddr3 memory???? One can get 16gb of ddr4 memory of the likes of g.skill or even corsair at that price or with like, 10 bucks more...

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000