Nexus 4 is it an upgrade?

CoolBeans

So I have a iPhone 4 ATM and I am wondering if a Nexus 4 would be a big upgrade because the iPhone 4 is quite lacking.

So I have a iPhone 4 ATM and I am wondering if a Nexus 4 would be a big upgrade because the iPhone 4 is quite lacking.

Yes. I went to a Nexus 4 from an iPhone 4S and it is already so much faster. Also I like android much more better than iOS. It feels less restrictive than iOS. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

It would be a big upgrade, but keep in mind that a Nexus 4 to a GS IV would be a big upgrade.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Get SIM an stick it to the Nexus. Better OS and components, really good for the price!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I just went from the iPhone 5 to the Nexus 4 and love it.

I've not even bothered to root or load a custom rom/launcher because stock android is pretty darn amazing :)

One complaint I have is that for some reason it has no rotation lock anywhere on the phone which is weird.

You can turn off auto rotate in the accessibility section of settings if that's what you mean.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

That's exactly what I meant, Thank you for that :)

What an odd place to put that option though

You can turn off auto rotate in the accessibility section of settings if that's what you mean.

Double tap home and swipe to the left. There you can lock the screen

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

That's exactly what I meant, Thank you for that :)

What an odd place to put that option though

No worries, I never use it but came across it while looking for a different setting.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Only issue is it's restricted to 3G. only complaint otherwise its one of the best smart phones

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Only issue is it's restricted to 3G. only complaint otherwise its one of the best smart phones

Thats fine I only have 100MB of 3G data so I won't care about that

Yes since Android lets you customize and gives you the ability to install custom roms in order to optimize your phone`s firmware and give you extra customization features. This has LTE but you would have to root your phone in order to enable it.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Thats fine I only have 100MB of 3G data so I won't care about that

100MB?!? Holy canoli batman! I have sprint so I have unlimited 4G (sspotty connection though) and last month I used 17GB :P

But if thats your case, then I would definitely grab the Nexus 4. Or even the HTC One Play Edition

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Actually the Nexus 4 supports HSPA+ which is faster than 3G and only slightly slower than LTE. Just make sure you don't ever, and I mean ever drop the Nexus 4. I used to work on the Google Play Support Call Center in the hardware department. I don't know how many calls I took where people dropped the device once and it shattered. Some guy claimed he dropped it 2 inches on carpet and it shattered. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Actually the Nexus 4 supports HSPA+ which is faster than 3G and only slightly slower than LTE. Just make sure you don't ever, and I mean ever drop the Nexus 4. I used to work on the Google Play Support Call Center in the hardware department. I don't know how many calls I took where people dropped the device once and it shattered. Some guy claimed he dropped it 2 inches on carpet and it shattered.

Well it has gorilla glass so I don't believe that, maybe an older version

Well it has gorilla glass so I don't believe that, maybe an older version

Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant not drop proof. All Im saying it buy a good case with this phone. Because I think LG quoted some customers $130USD for a screen replacement. Not sure how much the back glass would be. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The Nexus 4 would definitely be an upgrade. I went from the 4s to a S3 and it is amazing. The larger screen is so nice! Also Android is so open so you can do many things on it.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

It depends on how much you use a mobile phone.

What do you actually do on the phone, chances are it can all be done on your iphone, the only reason i would consider changing phones is for the better screen.

The specs of the Nexus 4 are of course way better then the iphone, however IOS is so well integrated with iphone hardware that it makes up for a lot in which android is lacking.

Personally i wouldn't bother upgrading, however if i did upgrade the Nexus 4 is the phone i would chose.

Or you could wait for the nexus 5 like I am doing. I have the iPhone 4s and will probably get the nexus 5 when my contract ends in January

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

Or you could wait for the nexus 5 like I am doing. I have the iPhone 4s and will probably get the nexus 5 when my contract ends in January

Well isn't that a 5" phone?

Well isn't that a 5" phone?

Rumoured, yes.  At this point everything is rumours and speculations.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |