Need a list of decent SSDs

Timmy-P

I'd like to keep track of a handful of consumer-grade SSDs this holiday season, with the intention of grabbing the first one I see on a steep sale. The thing is, outside of Samsung's, Kingston's, and maybe Transcend's drives, I don't know which brands or models are worth noting, good or bad. I've heard of OCZ, PNY, and the works but I'm not too keen on how well they are received by consumers.

So, what SSDs should I look out for? If it helps, I'm in the US, and 240 GB is preferred. Any info that you need, I'll give it to you.

[witty signature]

samsung evo/evo pro

intel 530/750

Crucial MX/BX

^ but i wanna add some personal recommendations

ocz arc (amd radeon r7)

corsair force

sandisk ssdplus

Thank you both. Y'all are way too damn fast.

I'd imagine Intel would be interesting once prices go down, and I forgot about Corsair, Sandisk, and AMD, heh.

Wasn't it with the Samsung 850 Pro(?) series that there was, like, 2 writes per cycle (or something like that, I don't know much about SSDs) instead of 3 that greatly reduced it's life span? Or am I being dumb again?

[witty signature]

Thank you both. Y'all are way too damn fast.

I'd imagine Intel would be interesting once prices go down, and I forgot about Corsair, Sandisk, and AMD, heh.

Wasn't it with the Samsung 850 Pro(?) series that there was, like, 2 writes per cycle (or something like that, I don't know much about SSDs) instead of 3 that greatly reduced it's life span? Or am I being dumb again?

yea i have no idea why the 530's are so expensive, when i got em they were about the same price of the evo's and mx/bx series