LG Monitor doesn't turn on, but it sort of does.

Guest Darth Revan

Hi I have a LG Flatron W2261VP-PF. When I power my PC the monitor doesn't turn on with it, it's like it doesn't recognize the graphics card's input signal, it just shows the LG logo then it goes blank dark, and power button doesn't react at all either. However after Windows loads and I know my PC is working that's because I can hear the intro song from Windows.

If I unplug my power cord from my monitor and wait about 2-3 minutes then plug it back the monitor starts up I see the LG logo and then it recognized my PC and I have full image and it works perfectly. But If unplug my power cord and immediately plug it back it, it doesn't want to work. It only works if I let it for about 2-3 minutes.

That's how I'm posting this message here. Can someone please help me because I really don't have the money to just buy a new monitor especially when I know this one works.

Try purchasing a new AC adapter, if that solves your problem, then good, otherwise you haven't spent as much as you would have on a new monitor.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Try purchasing a new AC adapter, if that solves your problem, then good, otherwise you haven't spent as much as you would have on a new monitor.

Well the adapter is build in the monitor and I don't have the skills to replace it myself, I would have to either call someone to fix it or send it somewhere to fix it. It's out of warranty.

For the moment it seems it works, I went to the monitor menu and I did a reset to factory settings and so far it works again correctly.

I've never had a problem with this monitor since I've bought it and now all of a sudden it didn't want to recognize my PC. And it only worked after unplugging the power cord and letting it sit for about 2-3 minutes then plugging it back in. To me that's really bizarre.