Crimson driver broke my video, I need help!

Sauron
Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

WELP, driver sweeper did the trick. Thanks for the help @Ramamataz &  @noisebomb44 !

Hey guys,

I just installed the crimson driver and well, let's just say I don't recommend it and will never install a new driver on day one ever again.

I run eyefinity pretty often, and it turns out the crimson driver mostly breaks it. It didn't recognize my previous setup, and when I tried to set up a new one not only didn't it let me customize the resolution, it straight up broke my video output. Now i can't log in to windows. I have managed to enter safe mode but since the driver is not running it will not let me uninstall it.

Any help with:

->removing the driver and installing an older version,

->reverting settings without uninstalling,

->or booting into normal mode without eyefinity enabled

would be greatly appreciated.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

good to know that it breaks your computer, although i dont have eyefinity anymore im probably going to get it in the future because of simulators and shit

I think you can revert to an old state of window, or whatever its called by pressing F9 -> dont remember more though

OR

you could do this in safe mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/sv-se/windows-vista/turn-back-time-on-your-pc-undo-system-changes-with-system-restore

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Hey guys,

I just installed the crimson driver and well, let's just say I don't recommend it and will never install a new driver on day one ever again.

I run eyefinity pretty often, and it turns out the crimson driver mostly breaks it. It didn't recognize my previous setup, and when I tried to set up a new one not only didn't it let me customize the resolution, it straight up broke my video output. Now i can't log in to windows. I have managed to enter safe mode but since the driver is not running it will not let me uninstall it.

Any help with:

->removing the driver and installing an older version,

->reverting settings without uninstalling,

->or booting into normal mode without eyefinity enabled

would be greatly appreciated.

hmmmm never used Eyefinity before. Crimson is working for me, fixed my BO3 massive FPS drops.

But you sure you can't access safe mode ? Or even trying to use a default resolution? Try unpluging any other monitors besides one and see if that works.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

hmmmm never used Eyefinity before. Crimson is working for me, fixed my BO3 massive FPS drops.

But you sure you can't access safe mode ? Or even trying to use a default resolution? Try unpluging any other monitors besides one and see if that works.

I can access safe mode, but i can't uninstall crimson with the amd tool from there. I did unplug all but my main monitor, no luck.

good to know that it breaks your computer, although i dont have eyefinity anymore im probably going to get it in the future because of simulators and shit

I think you can revert to an old state of window, or whatever its called by pressing F9 -> dont remember more though

OR

you could do this in safe mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/sv-se/windows-vista/turn-back-time-on-your-pc-undo-system-changes-with-system-restore

unfortunately it seems that feature is no longer present in windows 10. And since I don't have any important data un my c: drive I don't save old states, if it comes to that I am ready to reinstall the whole thing. I tried using a program called driver sweeper to remove the driver, I'll update you if it worked.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

WELP, driver sweeper did the trick. Thanks for the help @Ramamataz &  @noisebomb44 !

apparently "Driver Sweeper has been replaced with Display Driver Uninstaller" according to their official page

So if you encounter any further problems, then maybe you should also download "display driver uninstaller"

apparently "Driver Sweeper has been replaced with Display Driver Uninstaller" according to their official page

So if you encounter any further problems, then maybe you should also download "display driver uninstaller"

Yeah, I meant that ^^ now I need to find a 15.7 download though, otherwise I'll be stuck with 14.9 :S

-edit-

found it in the legacy gpu section

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yeah, I meant that ^^ now I need to find a 15.7 download though, otherwise I'll be stuck with 14.9 :S

I will try and see if thats what causing my problems of the computer not responding after a fullscreen game crashes, although im pretty sure its just a corrupt windows 10 installation

I will try and see if thats what causing my problems of the computer not responding after a fullscreen game crashes, although im pretty sure its just a corrupt windows 10 installation

I'll post a warning in general discussion as soon as I can. Plus, I'll explain what I did to fix it so if anyone else has this problem they can find the info easily.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*