2 r9 270x or 1 r9 280x or 290x

superjuddy

I have an fx 6300 and an r9 270x right now with an 850w thermaltake cpu 

I was wondering if my psu could even handle another 270x in the first place and if it would be smarter money wise to just sell it and get a 290x or 280x

I want to be able to play 1080p don't really care about anything higher.

Also would I need a new cpu to even run a better gpu?

I think that it would be wise to grab either a 290x on sale or get a 380x. X-Fire with a 270x is just silly.

I used to be quite active here.

I'd get a new CPU eventually, but a new GPU would show some improvement. Also, get a 290(x) due to issues with crossfire.etc

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

My cpu oc's to 4.7 stable if i go for an msi 970 since im going for 1080p and they're faster at 1080 would my cpu still bottleneck it or cause any compatibility errors due to it being amd and the card being nvidia?

I think that it would be wise to grab either a 290x on sale or get a 380x. X-Fire with a 270x is just silly.

I'd get a new CPU eventually, but a new GPU would show some improvement. Also, get a 290(x) due to issues with crossfire.etc

My cpu oc's to 4.7 stable if i go for an msi 970 since im going for 1080p and they're faster at 1080 would my cpu still bottleneck it or cause any compatibility errors due to it being amd and the card being nvidia?

The FX will still bottleneck the 970 and there will be no compatibility errors but if your looking at a 970, get a 390, as it is faster at 1080 and it has ALL the vram.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Just get 1x 290x.

OC your CPU and in most games you will be fine. Sure.. Better CPU would help you a bit but it is not much necessary as long you are not going to play Arma 3 or DayZ ;)

would an fx 8350 overclocked still bottleneck a 390?

No. Yours wouldn't much either, those guys don't know what they're saying.

Also, the 390 is faster than the 970 in most games at 1080p now.

No. Yours wouldn't much either, those guys don't know what they're saying.

Also, the 390 is faster than the 970 in most games at 1080p now.

much? is there some cpu that has the same socket that i could just get so it wouldnt bottleneck it 

my problem with upgrading my whole pc is that i dont have money for that so i dont want to go buy a new mobo and everrrything else.

should i sell my cpu and get an 8350? or go 9590 they're both on sale so this is the time to do it.

at that oc your cpu shouldnt bottleneck. for 1080p i wouldnt go crossfire or sli. a 380 or 960 should be enough. if you want you can go for a 380x too

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

much? is there some cpu that has the same socket that i could just get so it wouldnt bottleneck it 

my problem with upgrading my whole pc is that i dont have money for that so i dont want to go buy a new mobo and everrrything else.

should i sell my cpu and get an 8350? or go 9590 they're both on sale so this is the time to do it.

You don't need to upgrade. The FX 6300 won't bottleneck it if you OC it, and looks like you did. So, you're good. 

If you really want a CPU upgrade, I'd save up a bit and switch to Intel. don't upgrade to an 8350 (I'm running one in my main PC right now) and definitely do not upgrade to a 9590 (that chip is stupid and overheats like crazy.) 

Get a new GPU soon, then save up for a new CPU later. 

You don't need to upgrade. The FX 6300 won't bottleneck it if you OC it, and looks like you did. So, you're good. 

If you really want a CPU upgrade, I'd save up a bit and switch to Intel. don't upgrade to an 8350 (I'm running one in my main PC right now) and definitely do not upgrade to a 9590 (that chip is stupid and overheats like crazy.) 

Get a new GPU soon, then save up for a new CPU later. 

on newegg the gigabytes 390 is $305 and the strix 970 is $300 which should I go for?

on newegg the gigabytes 390 is $305 and the strix 970 is $300 which should I go for?

DO NOT get a Gigabyte one. STRIX aren't the best either. 

I'd get this one: http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=14-150-729

This one: http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=14-202-164

Or this one: http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=14-131-672

All three of these would be better than the STRIX or Gigabyte one. All reputable brands, all better coolers than the Gigabyte or ASUS coolers. All of those three also have backplates.