Windows Movie Maker saying all files are corrupt

Kyzer

They all worked last night, I close the program after saving. Reopened, everything is now corrupt for some reason, when it has no reason to be. Even new clips added are corrupt. Anyone know how to fix this trash program?

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

Do you still have the original footage files in the same file location?

@Kyzer

Do you still have the original footage files in the same file location?

@Kyzer

yes

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

Could be a sign that your HDD is dying, you should probably back it up / run chkdisk

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

are the original video files corrupt or is your save file corrupt

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

WMM sucks man, I remember this happening to me all the time. Sometimes the files actually get corrupted and you're effed. Sometimes the files themselves are just fine and you have to re add them to the library in WMM

WMM sucks man, I remember this happening to me all the time. Sometimes the files actually get corrupted and you're effed. Sometimes the files themselves are just fine and you have to re add them to the library in WMM

as it prepares the videos it says they're corrupted, when i can play them just fine in video players

are the original video files corrupt or is your save file corrupt

probably the save, but i dont know.

Could be a sign that your HDD is dying, you should probably back it up / run chkdisk

sorry this isnt newbieland

Spoiler