Introducing the new beastly, incredible Nokia 230

AlTech

Is that Symbian? Please just stop, we just want to forget that thing.

have you tried j2me ?

That thing was horrible .

Even symbian doesn't compare.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

this phone is for developing markets, india, African countries, south america, and parts of asia, and for people who'd be coming from the nokia 1110 and phones like that it's a very nice step up, and people need to realise that not everyone can spend hundreds on phones, some have a few quid spread across a few people to buy a phone that they can share and will last at least a week before being charged.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Is that Symbian? Please just stop, we just want to forget that thing.

Nothing wrong with symbian, it works great on low power devices like this. The mistake was trying to use it as a high end smartphone os.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Nothing wrong with symbian, it works great on low power devices like this. The mistake was trying to use it as a high end smartphone os.

I had an Omnia HD and it was pretty limited by the OS, at the time Symbian was the only option, android was at it's first releases so it didn't have anything and I opted for Symbian.

What does Microsoft have to do with any of this? This is Nokia phone. Not Lumia.

well the source site is windows.com and the product links go to Microsoft.com. 

What does Microsoft have to do with any of this? This is Nokia phone. Not Lumia.

This is not Microsoft that makes the phone. Microsoft makes the Lumia phones with the SMARTPHONE team that they acquired, and used to RENT the name "Nokia" branding before (that is after Microsoft bought part of Nokia, and not before where they decided to make Windows Phones).

Nokia still makes phone and tablets running Android OS (modified Android based on Symbian (their old OS) design). These phones are not available (as always) in North America, as there is no market for them.

Sorry guys for all the confusion about this BUT this is a Microsoft product.

Microsoft bought all of Nokia's mobile division. Because of the agreements between Microsoft and Nokia they were able to release a few Lumia phones still under the name of Nokia. Now, Lumia is under the name of Microsoft. This product is a feature phone. Under their current agreement, Microsoft still has the rights to make feature phones using the Nokia brand name until the fourth quarter of 2016.

Here is an article from Windows Central. https://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-230-and-nokia-230-dual-sim-are-microsofts-latest-feature-phones

Really? $55 is not a long of money, and this phone would be good for some people, like my mum who really only uses a phone for calls and and texts, and occasionally needs to take a photo or check a website

She spends maybe 5 mins max a day on her phone

Well I wouldn't buy it, so it's obviously stupid -Most LTT users, probably

I have a friend who always wanted a phone like this even considering to get it shipped from asia to europe though the language would have been chinese... But this was one year ago so he doesn't need this anymore.

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10