displaying computer stats using a raspberry pi

tomtom365

hi

i have two raspberry pi laying around,i have an idea put i am not sure if it can be done.  i was wondering if anyone knows if you can connect a raspberry pi to your computer so it can display computer stats like frequency of the cpu and stuff like on a small display that is connect to the pi.

any feed back will be really helpful

hi

i have two raspberry pi laying around,i have an idea put i am not sure if it can be done.  i was wondering if anyone knows if you can connect a raspberry pi to your computer so it can display computer stats like frequency of the cpu and stuff like on a small display that is connect to the pi.

any feed back will be really helpful

In theory it wouldn't be that difficult but I have no experience with doing anything like this.

You would need to write/find an application that would find the statistics you want and then would broadcast them to the Pi, which would need an application that would read that and display it in the stats.

The Pi-end stuff could probably be done in Python and the Windows bit could probably be done in VBA.

Sig under construction.

The easiest way would be using something like Open Hardware Monitor. It has a built in webserver that will display all the stats for your system then just connect to that website with the Pi and parse out the values you want.

The easiest way would be using something like Open Hardware Monitor. It has a built in webserver that will display all the stats for your system then just connect to that website with the Pi and parse out the values you want.

Yup, this solution looks a lot simpler than my suggestion of coding something completely new (potentially).

Let's just hope that the page that the server produces is compatible with the browsers that are available for the Pi.

Sig under construction.

thank you both @Tedster @fizzlesticks 

but unfortunately i have ran into a problem where i can't access the web server from any other computer. it just times out. 

edit: i have allowed the port in the firewall but still doesn't work 

edit2: sorry it works now 

thank you both @Tedster @fizzlesticks 

but unfortunately i have ran into a problem where i can't access the web server from any other computer. it just times out. 

edit: i have allowed the port in the firewall but still doesn't work 

edit2: sorry it works now 

What did you do to fix it that you hadn't managed to do before?

Sig under construction.

What did you do to fix it that you hadn't managed to do before?

i had miss type the port on one of them to 8025 instead of 8085. but i have no experience in using parse so i not sure were to even start @fizzlesticks