PS4 enough powerful for Star Citizen at max settings

ExDreamer

We have filmed the whole thing, but whilst we clean up the audio from the convention noise and upload it (we’ll have a transcript as well, anyway), take this little tidbit – we asked Chris Roberts if he thought PS4 to be enough powerful to run Star Citizen at maximum settings, and he said that it is – for now, at least.

The game will obviously be improved until launch and by then, a high-end configuration might surpass whatever is possible on PS4, described by him as a powerful PC-like hardware which is capable to “fight” with more powerful PCs with the so-called “coding to the metal” technique, whilst the PC necessarily has to go through DirectX which is CPU-bound.

During the chat, the question popped after Chris was asked about the chance to see Star Citizen on next-gen consoles – he confirmed that PS4 is a much more likely choice than Xbox One since Sony is far more open regarding cross-platform play, which is considered by Roberts as a requirement since he wants all Star Citizen players to be in the same universe.

More Here :http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/08/22/ps4-enough-powerful-for-star-citizen-at-max-settings

If crysis 3 can't run on max with a 7970 I doubt a console could max out star citizen which will be along the same demands. I saw a vid of star citizen with a few very basic concept ships that were rendered and with 720p a gtx 660m was getting 40fps and that was with one ship moving and the rest was still.

Don't really believe this. Even if the game is optimized to run on the hardware.

That's like saying the raspberry pi is powerful enough to max out battlefield 3. I'm pretty sure my 660ti SLI setup won't max it at above 60fps so there's no way a console will.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Who on earth is going to want to play Star Citizen on a console anyways we all know the best way to play is going to be on PC wearing an Oculus Rift lol :P

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

.... all console games ever made run on max setting as there s only 1 option so that is always the "max one", which was never rly good...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

This is pretty typical dev talk during huge online game development. They lodge a 'maybe' into thin air for console support but it rarely happens. Like, 95% of the time it's empty talk. Pretty much only Planetside 2 and Hawken have actually followed through such a comment. Rule of thumb; if the developer is wishy washy or trying to get both consoles and PC on the same servers, it won't happen. They're just hoping to maybe spark interest from the console maker to partly fund their game.

I am 101% sure Star Citizen will never be on a console.

Though if it does happen, great, I'll get to completely demolish thousands of gamepad users.

.... all console games ever made run on max setting as there s only 1 option so that is always the "max one", which was never rly good...

Uh, no. If you look at Battlefield 3 on consoles vs. PC, you'd see that the actual "max" for the consoles equates to the "minimum" on the PC. Linus has a comparison video about it, look it up.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Uh, no. If you look at Battlefield 3 on consoles vs. PC, you'd see that the actual "max" for the consoles equates to the "minimum" on the PC. Linus has a comparison video about it, look it up.

so... even if you said no, you agreed to my point...

was just saying that even if the game is on max on console it ll far from the max on pc.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Read what he is saying first. He isn't saying that console max is great he's actually saying the complete opposite. He's saying since console only run 1 settings it is technically the max setting.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Pretty sure he's referring to the Max for the console, not the max settings for that game on PC. 

IF there is only one setting for something ,that is the max available for that. ergo console games run on max, but their max is the same as their minimum. :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I bet the resolution is like 800*600 or less...

Also why don't devs use OpenCL and complain about "having" to use Directx...

The sad part is some console fan douche is going to qoute this as his stance for why PC's are terrible...

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I bet the resolution is like 800*600 or less...

lol a 4:3 resolution. I'm still amazed some developers want 720p over 1080p. I would take less detail and a higher resolution any day. That way you can actually see the dam detail.

Look at that really detailed pixelated flower that's been stretched and on my low ppi 50" tv. Beautiful isn't it. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd