I'm worried about Linus and Linus Media Group

MrJakePrince

in all honesty id like to see @Slick get/do his own youtube channel dedicated to the game side of the work he does... like reviewing games and doing initial thoughts on Kickstarter games and stuff, aswell as things like Dezel doing Tutorials for the editing he does and so on.

Character artist in the Games industry.

in all honesty id like to see @Slick get/do his own youtube channel dedicated to the game side of the work he does... like reviewing games and doing initial thoughts on Kickstarter games and stuff, aswell as things like Dezel doing Tutorials for the editing he does and so on.

Slick tweeted about what fans would want from a gaming channel a while back so maybe thats coming.

Brilliant idea man maybe make a topic about it so this idea gets more viewed?

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

Slick we need someone dedicated to provide "Kickstarter Info" or Quick Gaming Tips

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well let's take today as an example. I actually uploaded two videos (depending on your time zone). One was about ModMic (something I personally think is awesome) and the other was a comparison of two different NAS drives in terms of performance (something that I thought would be interesting, but I can't be right every time). We also spent most of yesterday lighting a fireproof NAS on fire as a torture test.

We're working very hard on continuing to evolve the content and we're pushing REALLY hard to keep up with the rate of video releases that you guys expect while improving our production values (this is NOT easy).

In earlier videos, there was one camera with a built-in mic on it and set to auto-focus. Now I need people who actually know how to operate a camera, we have either a shotgun mic on a boom pole or a lavalier, and then the editing... The editing...  I used to just upload the files directly from the camera to YouTube a lot of the time. Now we need to create B-roll footage and there's an actual editing process that it goes through (more time, more human resources).

Even uploading videos is more complicated now. Every thumbnail is hand-made by me. Every annotation is hand-added (never used to bother with them) by me. 

And yes, throughout all of this we have to keep up with things on the video production side. To say it's been challenging is an understatement.

All of that aside, in the last 14 days we've uploaded 12 unboxings... That's actually not that much less than our usual 1/day metric and when you through in the overkill buyer's guide and some of the review content, we're well over 1/day on what I'd consider A-content.

If the problem for you is the products we're looking at, well... many viewers ask us for more graphics card videos for example, but consider this: AMD has launched two graphics cards in the last 18 months (only one of which they seeded to us on time). What am I supposed to say about them? We work with what we get, and we've got a plan in place (in fact the FIRST BLOOD campaign has a lot to do with this) to make ourselves less dependent on what people send us... Stay tuned.

Slick tweeted about what fans would want from a gaming channel a while back so maybe thats coming.

he did that cause i was talking to him about it before.

Brilliant idea man maybe make a topic about it so this idea gets more viewed?

i dont need to make a topic to get Slicks and dezels attention to stuff like this... they follow me on twitter XD 

its what u get for being a reqular poster on here

I love you Linus....

Nice curtains

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well let's take today as an example. I actually uploaded two videos (depending on your time zone). One was about ModMic (something I personally think is awesome) and the other was a comparison of two different NAS drives in terms of performance (something that I thought would be interesting, but I can't be right every time). We also spent most of yesterday lighting a fireproof NAS on fire as a torture test.

We're working very hard on continuing to evolve the content and we're pushing REALLY hard to keep up with the rate of video releases that you guys expect while improving our production values (this is NOT easy).

In earlier videos, there was one camera with a built-in mic on it and set to auto-focus. Now I need people who actually know how to operate a camera, we have either a shotgun mic on a boom pole or a lavalier, and then the editing... The editing...  I used to just upload the files directly from the camera to YouTube a lot of the time. Now we need to create B-roll footage and there's an actual editing process that it goes through (more time, more human resources).

Even uploading videos is more complicated now. Every thumbnail is hand-made by me. Every annotation is hand-added (never used to bother with them) by me. 

And yes, throughout all of this we have to keep up with things on the video production side. To say it's been challenging is an understatement.

All of that aside, in the last 14 days we've uploaded 12 unboxings... That's actually not that much less than our usual 1/day metric and when you through in the overkill buyer's guide and some of the review content, we're well over 1/day on what I'd consider A-content.

If the problem for you is the products we're looking at, well... many viewers ask us for more graphics card videos for example, but consider this: AMD has launched two graphics cards in the last 18 months (only one of which they seeded to us on time). What am I supposed to say about them? We work with what we get, and we've got a plan in place (in fact the FIRST BLOOD campaign has a lot to do with this) to make ourselves less dependent on what people send us... Stay tuned.

I liked the hard drive video and the witty (often irrelevant) thumbnails amuse me so keep doing them :P

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

I feel like there is a greater focus on products rather than tech tips.

Tech tips was more of the early days of the NCIX channel, not so much the LinusTechTips channel... which is kind of the opposite of what it should be (from looking at the titles)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I appreciate you replying Linus, I trust you guys to make good content so I'm probably just not as interested in general anymore looking forward to you setting that NAS idea looks awesome! :)

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

A drought? NVidia probably isn't even finished with releasing their 700 series graphics cards (ti, boost, etc.), meanwhile people are already just getting their hands on the shield. All Intel does is make processors anymore (Since they recently stopped manufacturing Mobos), and they only recently released Haswell. Also, AMD Just released their new APUs and there's so much hype going on over the 9xxx series.

The boost and ti's are not going to be released for a long time if they even do at all it's not on their road map they're focusing mostly on tegra right now and admitted that they're losing the FPS race.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

There is a bit of a drought in the tech world now. NVidia, Intel and AMD haven't made alot of things the last couple of months. Just wait untill the holiday season and Q1 and Q2 of 2014. It's usuallly there the majore tech releases happen

This pretty much. When AMD drops, expect more videos of awesomeness. Not that the current ones are not awesome, they are just uninteresting to me.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

We also spent most of yesterday lighting a fireproof NAS on fire as a torture test.

SO SO excited for this!!! It's gonna to be a GREAT video! Was Slick's mum on location to make sure you didn't burn him?

The boost and ti's are not going to be released for a long time if they even do at all it's not on their road map they're focusing mostly on tegra right now and admitted that they're losing the FPS race.

they might be losing the FPS race but there storming ahead with the frame stability race and Multiple GPU support by miles, also there other features like PhysX, CUDA and stuff make them more worth it in my mind...

i want them to move away from gaming gpu's and make more bridge gpu's like the titan

SO SO excited for this!!! It's gonna to be a GREAT video! Was Slick's mum on location to make sure you didn't burn him?

Man that just made me crack up, bloody hilarious.

I think you are being worried over nothing. The Mod Mic video today wasn't meant to show it off or to explain it he has already made a video about the Mod Mic. Today's video was just to follow up on a promise that he made months ago about demonstrating the audio quality of the mic since in his original video he didn't have a test for it. Also I really don't see a difference between his videos from a year ago compared to now except for major technical improvements.

I agree with you.

The thing I hate the most is the stupid Razer Comms. The thing doesn't work, the beta is still a verry early alpha.

They use Razer Comms because at the time Skype still had the issue with people being able to DDOS your internet + the sponsorship

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

They use Razer Comms because at the time Skype still had the issue with people being able to DDOS your internet + the sponsorship

Yup, but that time is over now.

I think they could get sponsorred by razer just because they wear that stupid headphone :)

Proud to be from Belgium.

Yup, but that time is over now.

I think they could get sponsorred by razer just because they wear that stupid headphone :)

Headset, and they started wearing them when they became sponsored, yes that time is over now but they are sponsored now why would get abandon a sponsor for something else which may work better now but in the future not so much.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

The thing is, I don't really care about the perfectly focused 4k capable camera and the perfectly crisp audio. I care even less about the thumbnails or annotations (I liked the random annotations better, tbh).

The reason I subscribed to you back in the days of the Cameraman was because you made unboxings interesting and added a high entertainment value. I can't find that entertainment value anymore, it has all become waaaaaay too serious.

Consider this: you always say that your style is "unprofessional". If it really is, then why go through the trouble? I'd rather have a shaky cam that stands close, but with something interesting to which (and I'm not referring to the product) than a freaking smooth image with B-rolls but that doesn't speak to me.

The thing is, I don't really care about the perfectly focused 4k capable camera and the perfectly crisp audio. I care even less about the thumbnails or annotations (I liked the random annotations better, tbh).

The reason I subscribed to you back in the days of the Cameraman was because you made unboxings interesting and added a high entertainment value. I can't find that entertainment value anymore, it has all become waaaaaay too serious.

Back in the old days he just got his stuff from NCIX to unbox, now he has his own contacts...stuff needs to look alright, thumbnails and annotations can't be just random. Corporations won't send you free stuff to review/unbox if you don't put the effort in. And you don't want to piss someone off with a terrible video and get a bad reputation.

Back in the old days he just got his stuff from NCIX to unbox, now he has his own contacts...stuff needs to look alright, thumbnails and annotations can't be just random. Corporations won't send you free stuff to review/unbox if you don't put the effort in. And you don't want to piss someone off with a terrible video and get a bad reputation.

He also got stuff sent to him then, so I don't see your point.

I do not think that the videos got less entertaining, i mean, they got way more professional and serious, yes, but they probably need to because the videos are a reference for their paid commercials. 

But there is still pretty hilarious stuff going on @LTT

And to me the most important, he really works together with his community, i have never seen it to this level on any other channel. 

That said, keep the good work up guys :)

//btw

the auto focus back in the day was terrible :P

MG2R, what you expect and like is far from what I expect and like (in this instance), nothing personal, but you are not fussed about quality, I am......and in saying that.. everyone is different and SO hard to please..

If he made it like your way, someone else would gripe and moan....

Compromise