Microsoft is the company everyone is chasing

Song has just announced backwards compatibility for their PlayStation 4 with the Playstation 2, right after Microsoft had implemented the idea to gain more traction to the Xbox One. Apple has been doing the same with the Surface. It now seems apparent that Microsoft is a major competitor and its competition wants a slice of their innovations.

What do you think?

They've always been like this  :mellow:

backwards compatibility is not an innovation, its a requirement for modern operating hardware that microsoft was just faster to get onboard with.

All of these systems should have launched with it in the first place.

They've also never NOT been a major competitor; they basically created the modern pc, without them we would be pretty much no where.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

This happens literally all of the time.

Ummmm ps2 or Xbox 360... Which would be harder... If you don't know then. I'm saying that my phone can emulate ps2 games...If I wanted. And everyone copies everyone...

I will admit, microsoft has done some really awesome things over the years, but recently they've done some not so awesome things... *Cough cough* MSX *cough cough*

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I will admit, microsoft has done some really awesome things over the years, but recently they've done some not so awesome things... *Cough cough* MSX *cough cough*

MSX is great

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Song has just announced backwards compatibility for their PlayStation 4 with the Playstation 2, right after Microsoft had implemented the idea to gain more traction to the Xbox One. Apple has been doing the same with the Surface. It now seems apparent that Microsoft is a major competitor and its competition wants a slice of their innovations.

What do you think?

It's always been like this. It's like a corporate game of ping pong.

And this is just one more reason for me to buy both a Xbone and PS4. Now I can pull out the PS2 games that I've been sitting on and get a-playin'. Whooooo-hoooo!

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Windows 10 is better than all previous versions.

Microsoft has done really well in the past but I think in terms of innovation and originality, both hardware and software Apple is honestly starting to overtake them. Honestly after using a MacBook Air for about a month compared to my PC I enjoy the OS much more, but I hate the price that comes with Apple products. 

[spoiler=Current Rig] N/A

Microsoft has been making some great strides since its rut starting ~2007. However, most of the features you mentioned have already had solutions made or aren't relevant. The PS4 has been boasting the solution to B/C since the announcement of PS Now and is precisely the reason why Sony didn't even announce software b/c. Apple currently has ZERO products that compete with the Surface. They have MacBooks which are your traditional laptops running your traditional desktop OS and they now have an iPad Pro which is a very large iPad running a mobile OS. AFAIK, Apple has not released an iPad running a desktop OS as of yet. None of these compete with the Surface which is an algamation of your traditional tablet running a desktop OS adapted to touch.

Windows Phone has been dominated by iOS and Android. Their Xbox Music (they keep renaming it because it still hasn't taken off), has been side-blinded by Spotify and depending on how Apple Music turns out maybe that too. PS4 sales have been outselling X1 2:1 due to it's focus on gaming for cheap.

Microsoft is making some interesting stuff but they're still on the backfoot in many markets. The only markets I can think of that they are safe in is their productivity suite (office) and maybe their cloud services? Although I'm sure Amazon has been keeping them busy on that front as well.

Windows 10 is better than all previous versions.

Maybe it is as long as you forget any concept that your activities on your PC are private.

And please dont come back with the Joseph Goebbels line that "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"  

Maybe it is as long as you forget any concept that your activities on your PC are private.

And please dont come back with the Joseph Goebbels line that "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"  

I still can't find real evidence pointing out 'real' spyware or whatever bullshit you want to come up with. It's not a big deal, my gosh...

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

I still can't find real evidence pointing out 'real' spyware or whatever bullshit you want to come up with. It's not a big deal, my gosh...

Then you have not even googled it

Then you have not even googled it

What exactly should I Google then? And the last time I checked it was kinda vague.

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

Actually, it is Nintendo that introduced backward compatibility in the console space (well technically it is Atari, but say in the more modern area, as there was a huge gap in between)