Syrian refugees

iamdarkyoshi

All I'm gonna say is this. We can talk about national security and protecting Americans until we are blue in the face, but let's just think about the Syrians for a moment. As far as terrorism goes, all we have to deal with is the "tourists" that decide to take their business to other countries. The Syrians actually have to live with these people. Think about that. I understand that people want security, but if your not willing to help someone in such dire need, do you really deserve it?

Very good point. I imagine a lot of them would like to move to nearly anywhere to escape...

My thoughts on the whole debacle

Ocq7pq6.jpg

I concur.

You don't come to a country for change and then try to change that country back to the one you were escaping...

Very good point. I imagine a lot of them would like to move to nearly anywhere to escape...

I think so too. They just want their children to be able to live and go outside without fear. :(

Putin has murdered (educated speculation due to occupation) people directly, Obama... I don't think so.

Aye, might be, but instead Obama issues kill orders.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

To those interested, the end of my paper ends like this:

Not knowing the context it might be a bit vague. The ending should really be "time will decide"... the regular population has little say to nature of any logistical analysis regarding the acceptance of refugees. Like you mentioned "the president", the electorate makes the rules and they decide how to assess the best course of action.

I concur.

You don't come to a country for change and then try to change that country back to the one you were escaping...

Aye, might be, but instead Obama issues kill orders.

Yeah, I know... but this would be done with or without him. He is just a puppet on the global war stage. He lost that battle. I am not defending him. He deserves massive criticism for his decisions regarding the current wars the USA is involved in.

I think as Obama stated, first priority should be to end the Syrian war to stop any other terrorist groups from gaining land, this would require all countries to accept Syrian refugees. I personally won't state my opinions as i'm not that well read about the refugee situation. That area is in severe destruction and it's horrible to see people suffering like this, they're doing all they can to survive while we live our cushy lives with technology. Even if the US doesn't accept and refugees, at least we'll send help in some form as we've been doing

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I'm not an American, but is it possible to accept the refugees and let them stay in a place where they can be guarded and monitored ? They can stay, but they should accept the fact that people are being cautious because of whatever's happening around. 

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Not knowing the context it might be a bit vague.  The ending should really be "time will decide"... the regular population has little say to nature of any logistical analysis regarding the acceptance of refugees.   Like you mentioned "the president", the electorate makes the rules and they decide how to asses the best course of action.

I had a brainfart when I typed "the president" I meant to edit it, but then a cat hopped on my desk and I got distracted.

I'm not an American, but is it possible to accept the refugees and let them stay in a place where they can be guarded and monitored ? They can stay, but they should accept the fact that people are being cautious because of whatever's happening around. 

People refuse to let others onto this country for reasons I'm not well-read about. You mean like temporary living while the entire syrian war ordeal passes by? I think thats what the countries in the EU are doing

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Not knowing the context it might be a bit vague. The ending should really be "time will decide"... the regular population has little say to nature of any logistical analysis regarding the acceptance of refugees. Like you mentioned "the president", the electorate makes the rules and they decide how to asses the best course of action.

Yea, it's really naive to think we have much say in what becomes law. For the most part all we can do is vote for people that we "think" we know about, who may or may not actually do anything they claim. Not really sure when that became the definition of a democracy.

That sounds an awful lot like a concentration camp... Or what the United States once did to Japanese Americans.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Kinda sounds like concentration camps, to be honest.

Yeah, I know... but this would be done with or without him.  He is just a puppet on the global war stage.  He lost that battle. 

I guess I just wanted to point that out because many dislike Putin for said reasons and fail to realize their very own leaders do just the same, just in the shadows/through other people mostly.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

No, countries like mine (Canada) would never do that to refugees.  The USA would become hated even more.

That sounds an awful lot like a concentration camp...

yeah lol that's what I was thinking too, but I think he  meant it in the way of being monitored/controlled and not having all rights that a normal citizen does?

yeah lol that's what I was thinking too, but I think he  meant it in the way of being monitored/controlled and not having all rights that a normal citizen does?

thats exactly how it always starts. First we take away their rights. Then we begin to fear them. As yoda says fear leads to hate. Then we will cut back on their rights a little bit more, and a little bit more. Next thing you know someone's discussing a "final solution".

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

No, countries like mine (Canada) would never do that to refugees.  The USA would become hated even more.

It's not all jolly as you may think :)

thats exactly how it always starts. First we take away their rights. Then we begin to fear them. As yoda says fear leads to hate. Then we will cut back on their rights a little bit more, and a little bit more. Next thing you know someone's discussing a "final solution".

Yeah I guess you can't take people in then kick them out to their ruined homes again :(

Kinda sounds like concentration camps, to be honest.

I guess I just wanted to point that out because many dislike Putin for said reasons and fail to realize their very own leaders do just the same, just in the shadows/through other people mostly.

I would not consider Obama and Putin part of the same mold.  Putin's ambitions moved him up the ranks.  Doing what his masters demanded with a sort of enthusiasm (speculative).  Obama was just dumb because he decided to run for president of the USA.

Oh stop it.  White (a lot of them christian)homegrown terrorists cause more death then any muslim terrorists in your country.... year after year. 

How about the USA stop terrorizing innocent muslim countries?  ...maybe they won't come after you.

Your strategy didn't work for france. And terrorism is not the same thing as murder. You can have mass murder without terrorism, and you can have terrorism without murder.

It's not all jolly as you may think :)

Don't remind me.  I read yahoo.ca comments on stories... I know :P .  I don't dare ever comment there, even if the conversation seems to be heading in the right direction.

Oh stop it.  White (a lot of them christian)homegrown terrorists cause more death then any muslim terrorists in your country.... year after year. 

How about the USA stop terrorizing innocent muslim countries?  ...maybe they won't come after you.

I have never seen any christian terrorists? I mean besides the westboro incident (which most Christians despise) I have never seen a terror attack caused by the christian faith. I mean, not to get religious, but the Bibles main subject is love and peace :P

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

I almost fear more for the Syrians already here. With all the islamophobia I've seen as of late it's very reminiscent to the attitude of the German people directly prior to nazi Germany's. The historical parallels are terrifying.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I have never seen any christian terrorists? I mean besides the westboro incident (which most Christians despise) I have never seen a terror attack caused by the christian faith. I mean, not to get religious, but the Bibles main subject is love and peace :P

Want a video?  He is some food for though, this is recent: 

I would not consider Obama and Putin part of the same mold.  Putin's ambitions moved him up the ranks.  Doing what his masters demanded with a sort of enthusiasm (speculative).  Obama was just dumb because he decided to run for president of the USA.

Oh wow...I can't disagree with you. :o

(except Putin has no masters)

I almost fear more for the Syrians already here. With all the islamophobia I've seen as of late it's very reminiscent to the attitude of the German people directly prior to nazi Germany's. The historical parallels are terrifying.

People really need to stop confusing Islamphobia with the general dislike of the religion...that's far more common than Islamophics roaming about and completely different too. People like to claim or think most Americans feel that way, but they really don't.

There are some events, but not a lot.

Crusades? Christians that burn down abortion clinics? Spanish Inquisition? Westboro baptist church as you mentioned. Forced conversion therapy? Need I go on?

Edit: my inner Python can't resist... No one expects the Spanish inquisition!!!

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Crusades? Christians that burn down abortion clinics? Spanish Inquisition? Westboro baptist church as you mentioned. Forced conversion therapy? Need I go on?

Edit: my inner Python can't resist... No one expects the Spanish inquisition!!!

I think he meant in recent history, not when war was rampant?

Oh wow...I can't disagree with you. :o

(except Putin has no masters)

People really need to stop confusing Islamphobia with the general dislike of the religion...that's far more common than Islamophics roaming about and completely different too. People like to claim or think most Americans feel that way, but they really don't.

Oh yea he does.  You think the system that allowed his rise was made by him?  We are talking about the fall of the USSR and Russia falling on dire economic times.  Any resemblance of order was quickly snatched up by monetary powers and the oligarchy rose.  Putin was work horse.

Don't remind me.  I read yahoo.ca comments on stories... I know :P .  I don't dare ever comment there, even if the conversation seems to be heading in the right direction.

This is what i meant.

http://ihrp.law.utoronto.ca/We_Have_No_Rights

Regarding the Syrian refugees and the current promise of bringing 25,000 here before the end of the year, I'm all for it.