Noctua's NH-D15 Versus Five High End Closed Loop Liquid Coolers

4960X

Tried Newegg over at eBay? Also, why not get the NH-D15S since it addressed some of the d15's clearance issues.

I got a 750D, clearance is no problem for me.

If I buy it from jet I can get it for 40 dollars off...

Would be nice if Noctua got into liquid cooling. They got a lots of clout in the industry. I think they would make a fantastic product.

The Noctua SW-240 (SW shorthand for sewage, because shit brown). The loop has transparent tubing that reveals the brown Noctua coolant, or the SW-CT (sewage coolant, also available separately). The pump that Noctua uses has no name, and for good reason. The pump emits, instead of buzzing, loud farts and sounds of diarrhea like from that one guy you went to school with who always had to use the restroom first after eating Taco Bell. 

The Noctua SW-240 (SW shorthand for sewage, because shit brown). The loop has transparent tubing that reveals the brown Noctua coolant, or the SW-CT (sewage coolant, also available separately). The pump that Noctua uses has no name, and for good reason. The pump emits, instead of buzzing, loud farts and sounds of diarrhea like from that one guy you went to school with who always had to use the restroom first after eating Taco Bell. 

lmfao dying right now.

:D color choices aside, they do have other (albeit few) mainstream color options out. If you have a fan controller, their iPPC line is good as well.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I dropped my pc and bent my NHD-14 now it hits 80+ c at 4.6@ 1.26v :'(

ouch. did it break your mobo when you dropped it?

ouch. did it break your mobo when you dropped it?

No, my system works perfectly, just one of the two towers is bent

11210085_10152732963171770_368156551_n.j

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Its still ugly.

Better looking than randy rubber hoses bro.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

conclusion:

Nothing has changed since Linus reviewed the NH-D15. If you are serious about water cooling, go custom and don't waste your time with AIO's (the Noctua was almost equal in performance but was the quietest therefore imo best).

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

The results seem flawed. How can 2 120mm fans at 2200 rpm be quieter than 2 140mm noctua ones at 1500? also the pump noise is not included in this test.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The results seem flawed. How can 2 120mm fans at 2200 rpm be quieter than 2 140mm noctua ones at 1500? also the pump noise is not included in this test.

What are you talking about. Are we reading different testes? D15 has 45dB under load. DeepCool is 48dB, and the rest are even higher.

What are you talking about. Are we reading different testes? D15 has 45dB under load. DeepCool is 48dB, and the rest are even higher.

oh man i dun goofed. I read the specs as the results.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Ermmmm why is this is the news section?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

conclusion:

Nothing has changed since Linus reviewed the NH-D15. If you are serious about water cooling, go custom and don't waste your time with AIO's (the Noctua was almost equal in performance but was the quietest therefore imo best).

Pretty much this. Either go custom water cooling or go high end air cooling.

Has anyone tested the Noctua with the industrial fans at max speed? Go all-out?

Edit: Answered my own question. Still quieter than many AIO coolers. Damn!

industrial fans are just too damn expensive. $30 per fan, no thx.

Was gonna link you the same page.

Just to note, on Corsair's AIOs specifically, they include really shitty stock fans that get really, annoyingly loud even at medium-speed. Those Noctua fans spinning as fast as they do are more quiet than Corsair's fans spinning as lower speeds.

You're permitted to spend your money as you see fit.

Was gonna link you the same page.

Just to note, on Corsair's AIOs specifically, they include really shitty stock fans that get really, annoyingly loud even at medium-speed. Those Noctua fans spinning as fast as they do are more quiet than Corsair's fans spinning as lower speeds.

And that's why they cost $30.

You're permitted to spend your money as you see fit.

And that's why they cost $30.

Even Fractal's $15 fans are more quiet than Corsair's.

This. Corsair's fans are just horrible IMO.

Well the NH-D15 is technically 40 dollars since the AF-14 fans that they include cost 60 dollars alone, not to mention the 10 dollar NH-H1 thermal paste.

You also have 6 years warranty compared to most coolers which are like 2-3 years.

Well my AF120 PE fans are loud AF, i have them set at 40 percent at all time. 

Rip 30 dollars....

Solution to get cheap Noctua fans, just Jet and you can get 15 dollars off your order plus more money saved if you agree not to return the item.

Would be nice if Noctua got into liquid cooling. They got a lots of clout in the industry. I think they would make a fantastic product.

I think I read on some site where they said that they are working on it. I don't remember where I read it though.

Well the NH-D15 is technically 40 dollars since the AF-14 fans that they include cost 60 dollars alone, not to mention the 10 dollar NH-H1 thermal paste.

You also have 6 years warranty compared to most coolers which are like 2-3 years.

If they weren't so butt-ugly I would love to get the NH-D15.. but their stupid color scheme doesn't match with anything 

If I was in the market for a cooler, I'd probably get the noctua. Quiet is more important in my opinion then getting an extra degree.

If they weren't so butt-ugly I would love to get the NH-D15.. but their stupid color scheme doesn't match with anything 

just get Linus's :P