Help Only single channel not dual channel

KenLeeJL
Go to solution Solved by KenLeeJL,

RAM slot issue. RMA the board

My comp only runs on single channel and if it detects more than one ram, it will beep one long and 2 short with the Dram led on. I STUCK WITH 4GB OF RAM. FYI  both sticks are working fine.

My comp only runs on single channel and if it detects more than one ram, it will beep one long and 2 short with the Dram led on. I STUCK WITH 4GB OF RAM. FYI  both sticks are working fine.

tried different ports?? and does your motherboard have a error indicator like an error code??

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

did you plug them into the right slots?

if youre only using two DIMMs they need to go in A1 and A2 slots

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

tried different ports?? and does your motherboard have a error indicator like an error code??

no error code indicator. Its fine on one stick at anyslot that means all slots are working. but when there is 2 its start making noise. like a bitch

no error code indicator. Its fine on one stick at anyslot that means all slots are working. but when there is 2 its start making noise. like a bitch

They need to go in the colour coordinated slots furthest from the CPU. If that doesn't work maybe you have a dead stick :/

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Ensure they are in the correct color coded slots, but if your motherboard is old enough, it may just simply be that it doesn't support the memory for various reasons, or it doesnt support dual channel :P

Was it working previously?

did you plug them into the right slots?

if youre only using two DIMMs they need to go in A1 and A2 slots

Not 100% correct, it varies by board and should be checked in the motherboard manual. Either way, it doesn't matter which set of slots you put the sticks in.

Not 100% correct, it varies by board and should be checked in the motherboard manual. Either way, it doesn't matter which set of slots you put the sticks in.

http://www.howtogeek.com/174482/what-does-the-ram-slot-color-coding-on-motherboards-mean/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My points are these:

1. What slots to use when using one kit of ram is not automatically A1 and A2, it varies by board and could be the other set of slots
  2. Even when not running in dual channel all of the memory should be detected anyways

tried all and its working. no error indicator

They need to go in the colour coordinated slots furthest from the CPU. If that doesn't work maybe you have a dead stick :/

both stick are working i successfully booted into windows with both

My points are these:

1. What slots to use when using one kit of ram is not automatically A1 and A2, it varies by board and could be the other set of slots
  2. Even when not running in dual channel all of the memory should be detected anyways

The thing is i cant boot into bios with 2 ram and can only use one

My points are these:

The thing is i cant boot into bios with 2 ram and can only use one

Does it boot with each stick by itself?

I would say incompatible ram.

Those 3 beeps mean faulty ram / no ram detected.

There is no real way to fix this, well no way that will work for all.

If your motherboard has a RAM OK button then use that. If that doesn't work then use one stick and use stupidly high timings with low freq. Put the other stick in and see if it will work.

If not then to be honest you're SOL.

It's not a race to the bottom.

I would say incompatible ram.

Those 3 beeps mean faulty ram / no ram detected.

There is no real way to fix this, well no way that will work for all.

If your motherboard has a RAM OK button then use that. If that doesn't work then use one stick and use stupidly high timings with low freq. Put the other stick in and see if it will work.

If not then to be honest you're SOL.

SOL? Ram ok doesnt work

Does it boot with each stick by itself?

yes each stick boots at each slot .

Ensure they are in the correct color coded slots, but if your motherboard is old enough, it may just simply be that it doesn't support the memory for various reasons, or it doesnt support dual channel :P

Was it working previously?

Previously No. managed to boot with 2 sticks once only. then after that it doesnt

Should I RMA? cause the slots are working and the RAM is working doesnt seems to be a problem. I may look like a fool if I RMA

SOL? Ram ok doesnt work

SOL = Shit out of luck (Shit Outta Luck)

It's not a race to the bottom.

Try updating your BIOS maybe?

tried already but it is still not working

o

tried already but it is still not working

o

Well then you either have bad ram or a bad board.