Some Apple iPad Pro units become unresponsive while charging

TheAmazingCookieFromSquare

I'll rephrase it:

• Expensive printer to print stuff with
  • Typing on an Tablet's keyboard (or an external keyboard) is shit.
  • Flash is needed
  • Not all websites are mobile optimized 

The file organisation is needed. (not like that stupid app that Android has, something that is usable!)

• Wifi enabled printers are now mainstream. In fact I have a $150 HP printer that works fine
  • How could you say external keyboards are bad when many of them exactly like chicklet keys found on laptops
  • flash is dead, there's literally very few reason to use flash and its going to get even lower day by day
  • Who needs a mobile optimized site when you have 12 inch of screen real estate
  • If done properly file organization is completely avoidable as the OS itself does it. Plus as i said you can get some basic ability to transfer stuff to and from the iPad. Again I'm not talking about us rather general consumers

snip

You're comparing a laptop with an iPad 2 which came out almost 5 years ago. If you haven't seen in the news, newer models have gotten (almost) exponentially faster and the iPad Pro has better graphics than Intel HD and has comparable CPU performance to lower end intel processor which is more than enough for web browsing, media consumption, light productivity and light media creation. Plus with Apple's software optimization its even faster

Second, you may be right about 2 app multitasking not enough but that is for you and me. But I dont see casual users heavily multitasking with three or four apps for everyday purposes

• Wifi enabled printers are now mainstream. In fact I have a $150 HP printer that works fine
  • How could you say external keyboards are bad when many of them exactly like chicklet keys found on laptops
  • flash is dead, there's literally very few reason to use flash and its going to get even lower day by day
  • Who needs a mobile optimized site when you have 12 inch of screen real estate
  • If done properly file organization is completely avoidable as the OS itself does it. Plus as i said you can get some basic ability to transfer stuff to and from the iPad. Again I'm not talking about us rather general consumers

I understand what you are saying but no!

Wifi printers are starting to become main stream, but if you are not tech savvy, it is a bitch to setup. Even tech savvy people hate setting up wireless printers and find them hard to setup. Also do you upgrade your printer every time you buy a new computer? I certainly don't, my printer is from 2007.

The external Chicklet keyboards on tablets tend to be shit. Not all are shit, but most are.

Things need flash. Just because most things don't use flash, doesn't mean something doesn't use flash.

Non-mobile websites on tablets are still a bitch.

The File manager is done horribly, I couldn't work out how to use copy and paste.

Wifi printers are starting to become main stream, but if you are not tech savvy, it is a bitch to setup. Even tech savvy people hate setting up wireless printers and find them hard to setup. Also do you upgrade your printer every time you buy a new computer? I certainly don't, my printer is from 2007.

The external Chicklet keyboards on tablets tend to be shit. Not all are shit, but most are.

Things need flash. Just because most things don't use flash, doesn't mean something doesn't use flash.

The File manager is done horribly, I couldn't work out how to use copy and paste.

just a note

1. agreed
  2. not really, as long as they have some travel distance, they are millions of times better than touchscreens. and you get used to a keyboard pretty fast.
  3. i have had flash completly disabled on all my computers since April, and i havent encountered one site that didnt work.
  4. Nope, i prefer them, because the screen is big enough, and atleast they have all the features there...
  5. As said before, most users dont feel the need to organise everything the way they want, they are quite happy to have the "move to ipad", "move from ipad" options, and then have the OS file it where it has to be...

byebye :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

so now we will report every little thing that plagues any device that comes to the market? Literally every device will have some samples that wont work as intended. Reporting on it like its the end of the world is beyond retarded...

If it wasn't an Apple product it would not be considered news, but anything that perpetuates the anti apple circle jerk will be plastered everywhere

he has an iPad 2.

In the iPad world the iPad 2 is prehistoric, I would not even give one to my worst enemy, its only use now is as a Frisbee 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1) Yes printers can be annoying to setup, but its usually only the first time which a tech member can easily help with. No i'm not saying that you should upgrade your printer every now and then rather you should upgrade for more functionality which is basically the case with every tech product

2) Not really. The SP4 has a great keyboard

3) Flash is dead. Period. Its irrelevant now

4) On a 12 inch screen? Are you for real? I can web browse desktop sites fine on my iPad 3 which has a 9.7" screen

5) Again most people doesn't feel the necessary to organize files. As long as it available whenever they need it, it doesn't matter.

1) Yes printers can be annoying to setup, but its usually only the first time which a tech member can easily help with. No i'm not saying that you should upgrade your printer every now and then rather you should upgrade for more functionality which is basically the case with every tech product

2) Not really. The SP4 has a great keyboard

3) Flash is dead. Period. Its irrelevant now

4) On a 12 inch screen? Are you for real? I can web browse desktop sites fine on my iPad 3 which has a 9.7" screen

5) Again most people doesn't feel the necessary to organize files. As long as it available whenever they need it, it doesn't matter.

My Nana's printer is a fucking piece of shit because it only uses wifi (and it is made by epson)  I takes hours to get it to work. Then next time you have to use it, another 1/2 a day wasted.

I repeat, I have never experienced a good tablet keyboard. I am not saying there isn't good once, I have never seen good ones.

Many websites still use flash, and you need to use them once and a while. My mum couldn't check something, I cannot remember what it was, but it needed flash.

Okay I may just hate tablets, a not mobile website may work fine.

Copy and paste is a much. It is just to hard on iOS.

In the iPad world the iPad 2 is prehistoric, I would not even give one to my worst enemy, its only use now is as a Frisbee 

I still have a use an iPad 2. :(  It was my mother's until I got her the iPad Air. It still works great for content consumption and reading.

Although Safari crashing with more than 8 tabs is annoying :P

On the note of people having issues with WiFi printers, we have a Brother all in one in our house and it works amazingly well. Enable WiFi Printing, connect to Wifi in the house; and done.

Any WiFi enabled device connected to the home network can print to it without issue, unless it's my OnePlus One phone. Bugger has never printed to any printer before. Can't say the same for any Apple products though.

When it came to installing the printer on the Windows workstation I actually had to go step by step through the manual to get it to work. For the Apple stuff? Well the manual just said connect it, and that was it. ^_^

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

You're comparing a laptop with an iPad 2 which came out almost 5 years ago. If you haven't seen in the news, newer models have gotten (almost) exponentially faster and the iPad Pro has better graphics than Intel HD and has comparable CPU performance to lower end intel processor which is more than enough for web browsing, media consumption, light productivity and light media creation. Plus with Apple's software optimization its even faster

Second, you may be right about 2 app multitasking not enough but that is for you and me. But I dont see casual users heavily multitasking with three or four apps for everyday purposes

If you consider 3 or 4 apps heavily multitasking. I don't know what to say.

Say I am browsing chrome, listening to music on foobar, looking at a spreadsheet for my work.that's 3 apps already. What if I need to reference a PDF file for my spreadsheet. That's 4. In fact I'd argue that most people will still need PCs because even if they may not use it at home that much, they definitely still need it at work. Saying the iPad pro will replace PCs in the work space is total bs.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

If you consider 3 or 4 apps heavily multitasking. I don't know what to say.

Say I am browsing chrome, listening to music on foobar, looking at a spreadsheet for my work.that's 3 apps already. What if I need to reference a PDF file for my spreadsheet. That's 4. In fact I'd argue that most people will still need PCs because even if they may not use it at home that much, they definitely still need it at work. Saying the iPad pro will replace PCs in the work space is total bs.

Oh dear,

I dont think you need a window open for music which eliminates one app from your hypothesis. If you didnt know, an iPad can play music in the background

You said you need to look at the pdf for your spreadsheet, that's the two apps most people will have on their screen at a time. Web browser will probably be minimized as you'll lose the extra content shown by the spreadsheet and the pdf.  just split screen pdf reader and excel while having safari in the background, easily accessible by double tapping the home button

So all in all your scenario is just basically multiscreening two apps while having another two in the background which is definitely possible on the iPad.

What I meant before was there are certain situations where someone may have to use four apps simultaneously, which i believe will be close to zero for the audience the ipad pro is intended for 

My Nana's printer is a fucking piece of shit because it only uses wifi (and it is made by epson)  I takes hours to get it to work. Then next time you have to use it, another 1/2 a day wasted.

I repeat, I have never experienced a good tablet keyboard. I am not saying there isn't good once, I have never seen good ones.

Many websites still use flash, and you need to use them once and a while. My mum couldn't check something, I cannot remember what it was, but it needed flash.

Okay I may just hate tablets, a not mobile website may work fine.

Copy and paste is a much. It is just to hard on iOS.

Well some printers are bad some are good

If you never seen good keyboards doesn't mean it doesn't exists.

All modern sites have abandoned flash so that particular problem wont happen very often if it ever occurs

Well you can copy/paste

so now we will report every little thing that plagues any device that comes to the market? Literally every device will have some samples that wont work as intended. Reporting on it like its the end of the world is beyond retarded...

My thoughts exactly bae.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh dear,

I dont think you need a window open for music which eliminates one app from your hypothesis. If you didnt know, an iPad can play music in the background

You said you need to look at the pdf for your spreadsheet, that's the two apps most people will have on their screen at a time. Web browser will probably be minimized as you'll lose the extra content shown by the spreadsheet and the pdf. So just split screen pdf reader and excel while having safari in the background easily accessible by double tapping the home button

So all in all your scenario is just basically multiscreening two apps while having another two in the background which is definitely possible on the iPad.

What I meant is situations where someone needs to see 4 apps simultaneously on the screen which I don't think anyone does for the audience the ipad pro is intended for

you misunderstood my point

First off i dont think anyone should even be splitting the screen into 4 for 4 different apps on a 13" screen. its so small, i really dont see the point. this is my own opinion. 

My context is on a PC, not an iPad. I dont mean that the iPad can't handle 4 things at once. I mean like a regular user would easily need to use 4 things at once even on a PC.

Plus who are you kidding this iPad pro is targeted at creative professionals, content creators. Which I would say qualifies as power-users and multi-taskers. anyone who needs to see 4 things at once will probably be running multimonitors, not some 13" device. 

I'm not even a professional and i scream at my laptop whenever i need to toggle between two things quickly like refering to a spreadsheet and chrome back and forth. on a 11" screen holy shit, splitting into 2 is already bad enough. 4? no thanks.  There is just no real estate to even get any reasonable work done when you split a small screen like that. Sure if i'm like watching a video and browsing some webpage side by side, why not.

For all intents and purposes, its a bigger iPad. Thats all. 

Or a bigger iPad with a stylus. Its a tablet trying to replace a PC, which is possible for a group of people but surely not the majority. 

They should just call it the iPad Plus not the Pro.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

you misunderstood my point

First off i dont think anyone should even be splitting the screen into 4 for 4 different apps on a 13" screen. its so small, i really dont see the point. this is my own opinion. 

My context is on a PC, not an iPad. I dont mean that the iPad can't handle 4 things at once. I mean like a regular user would easily need to use 4 things at once even on a PC.

Plus who are you kidding this iPad pro is targeted at creative professionals, content creators. Which I would say qualifies as power-users and multi-taskers. anyone who needs to see 4 things at once will probably be running multimonitors, not some 13" device. 

I'm not even a professional and i scream at my laptop whenever i need to toggle between two things quickly like refering to a spreadsheet and chrome back and forth. on a 11" screen holy shit, splitting into 2 is already bad enough. 4? no thanks.  There is just no real estate to even get any reasonable work done when you split a small screen like that. Sure if i'm like watching a video and browsing some webpage side by side, why not.

For all intents and purposes, its a bigger iPad. Thats all. 

Or a bigger iPad with a stylus. Its a tablet trying to replace a PC, which is possible for a group of people but surely not the majority. 

They should just call it the iPad Plus not the Pro.

You also misunderstood my point

No one should split screen 4 apps on a small screen, that was my entire justification for only two apps at a time.

When I said heavy multitasking, I meant people who has to use 2+ apps on the screen at a time

According to me, the iPad Pro should targeted at general consumers who only web browse and do light tasks. For them the iPad can potentially replace a computer.

Apple on the other hand targets this at professionals like artists and its understable because it has arguably the best stylus on the market.

Just because the showcased iMovie alot doesn't mean it's targeted at video editors rather it's an added feature for general consumers who actually dont have access to a robust free easy to use and comparatively powerful video editing app on their computer

Another audience apple's targeting is business where iPad Pro can be useful for showcasing product designs (with AutoCAD) or do some light collab work with various productivity apps

Yes, on the software side it is just a bigger iPad, but only on the software which can completely change tomorrow. On the hardware side it's a beast and I assume you already know