Sandisk Extreme Pro on sale

d3sl91

Someone please tell me not to get this and wait for black friday:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/SanDisk-Extreme-SDSDXPA-064G-X46-Flash-Memory/product/B007NDL54C?context=browse

$43 for this 64GB Extreme Pro card seems like a good deal... but I have never looked at high-performance SD cards on black friday - should i wait? I need the card right around thanksgiving anyway.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

64gb is barely enough for anything

if you want an ssd save up for 250 or 500gb

edit-nvm lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

64gb is barely enough for anything

if you want an ssd save up for 250 or 500gb

It's for his camera, not computer.  That's a SD memory card.

@OP, I remember when they cost over $100.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

considering no more companies make 64gb ssd , this is probably an older model with slow speeds.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

It's for his camera, not computer.  That's a SD memory card.

@OP, I remember when they cost over $100.

oh

well then its a good deal :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

considering no more companies make 64gb ssd , this is probably an older model with slow speeds.

It's a fucking SDXC memory card, NOT A SSD.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Oh shit ; now i feel stupid ...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Sandisk makes more than SSD's, and the label "Extreme Pro" is used for more than one type of product.

I might be getting a couple more myself, perhaps 128GB versions, along with some Compact Flash cards for my cameras.

I'm laughing so hard. Its funny, because I do actually have an Extreme Pro SSD as well (very nice SSD, sandisk definitely knows its memory products). 

But yes, I remember when they were over $100. Heck, it still is at bestbuy (where I would be going and having them pricematch). 

Yeah I also have a few Sandisk SSD, I use them for my Atomos Ninja.

Oh wow, that is a great deal. I remember buying my 32GB Extreme Pro SD card for $40. I have two of them already, so I don't need any more of them.

I also own the Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD (240GB) and the Extreme 2 (480GB). Very solid drives. I prefer them over Samsung (Yeah, I know the 850 Evo / Pro is faster, but Sandisk's reliability is just engraved into me).

Oh wow, that is a great deal. I remember buying my 32GB Extreme Pro SD card for $40. I have two of them already, so I don't need any more of them.

I also own the Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD (240GB) and the Extreme 2 (480GB). Very solid drives. I prefer them over Samsung (Yeah, I know the 850 Evo / Pro is faster, but Sandisk's reliability is just engraved into me).

Yeah, I'm headed down soon. As long as best buy didnt screw with their models like they sometimes do - I can get it pricematched and purchased using in-store credit I have. 

So far, I have purchased the 50mm 1.8G and then this 64Gb Extreme pro using the "10% cash back" from my recent camera purchase using their store card...woot. 

considering that these things can still cost over 1.5€/gb here I must say that is very cheap, the only place that can top that for me is a whole sale, where it is like €45 for 64gb.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

-snip-

Going to best buy? Don't forget the 2 year warranty. lol.

Great deals though. I prefer online shopping at Adorama or B&H though.

Amazon had a deal of the day yesterday on their PNY Fast SD cards (64 GB 95 mb/s read = 20.99). Took advantage and picked up two for backup cards. Sandisk Extreme use to be a standard for folks using cards in "extreme" conditions, they could be subject to rain, cold, heat, and come out just fine. Nowadays, they are more of an overpriced memory. The SD cards offered by PNY have done well by me. And My Lexar CF cards are lightning fast in my 7DII for read / write.

Either way, I remember selling memory cards back when 256mb was a HUGE deal for a micro SD and cost $90 for your PDA (back when it was a PDA Phone). Ah yes....

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

snip

Except for some weird reason Nikon tends to be picky with memory cards and I've found Sandisk and Lexar to be the safest.  I have a lot of good memory cards that works on other cameras except Nikon, and the OP has a Nikon camera.  Additionally a purchase of Sandisk memory cards tend to come with 1 year free license to their data recovery software.  I have a small collection of those license keys.

Well, as per ususal, Best buy TRIED to pull their BS "different model" stunt. For those that do not know, Best buy tries to push their "pixtor" line in order to prevent pricematching. They are fine, are the same as sandisk models, and sometimes they go on sale to be the same as the normal amazon price (lol).   In the last year, I have seen them start to carry more regular sandisk models, though. 

However, even that, they carry slightly older, maybe slightly different/unpopular models to prevent pricematching. For instance. The 64GB Extreme pro, is of model SDSDXP-064G-A46. Amazon carries SDSDXP-064G-X46. Best buy is asking $75 ON SALE for this. With their pixtor Sandisk Extreme "pixtor" going for $150. They literally normally change hundreds for these cards, in order to have "extreme discounts". 

How to get past using Simple social engineering if you plan on taking advantage of best buy's pricematch for SD cards. 

1. Do not have anyone in the photo department pricematch. They carry around smartphones and even use the amazon app to scan. If they did that, they would see amazon does not carry their model and not pricematch. 

2. Do not have anyone in photo department ring you up. They know that $43 is a VERY good deal for that and will ask questions. 

3. Go straight to the counter, and look for the person who is least tech savvy. It's actually not hard to find - just find the person with a blue shirt (lol). It helps is they are a tad older.

4. Act stupid. "oh, um, I saw this cheaper on amazon, it says shipped and sold by amazon, I know that part is important for you guys"

5. Help them along a little. "It was 43 dollars, see, I have amazon app on phone". If you don't help, they may start looking themselves, and that a. takes forever, they have supper slow point of sale machines and hate looking it up. and b. they will likely see their version is 1 digit off and not do it. 

7. If necessary, mention BandH or Newegg (usually at least one will be matching amazon) also has it on sale.

6. They will call a manager to override. A busier time of day may distract them from the $30 you are asking them to knock off the price of the card. The manager in my case didn't even look. 

Voila. I'm glad it was already on sale, or else the guy would see I was asking them to take off $100+ from their stupid overpriced cards. 

-snip-

I stopped shopping from best buy long ago, but what the hell is pixtor? Is it some kind of knockoff brand or something?

edit: looked up pixtor. While it is technically a Sandisk, I would pay more to get an official Sandisk card and not one that has PIXTOR on it...

Yeah, have to be careful with retailers selling the older revision cards on Black Friday.

I'm happy you got the deal though. I'm surprised that the photo department actually checks for the model though. It's been years since I've been to best buy though.

Except for some weird reason Nikon tends to be picky with memory cards and I've found Sandisk and Lexar to be the safest.  I have a lot of good memory cards that works on other cameras except Nikon, and the OP has a Nikon camera.  Additionally a purchase of Sandisk memory cards tend to come with 1 year free license to their data recovery software.  I have a small collection of those license keys.

My Nikon never had an issue... nor does my current Canon or Sony gear - just my observations.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

My Nikon never had an issue... nor does my current Canon or Sony gear - just my observations.

I have several Kingston 32, 64GB CF cards that worked with my old D700, 5DmkII but refuses to work with my D800E and D4.  So while Sandisk may be more expensive, camera manufacturers test them out and certify that they will work with their cameras.  Same goes for Lexar and some Transcend cards.