PC booting every morning at 2:14.37 am...

Go to solution Solved by Samfisher,

A Google search says to uninstall TeamViewer.

Hi there,

My newly updated windows 10 "Dream Machine" has been waking itself up at 2:14:37am for "unknown" reasons as specified by windows event logs.

I have attempted to change the auto updating times, adapter settings in which devices can turn on the pc (ie. moving the mouse, keyboard, network adapters, etc...)

As a result of all this, nothing has changed, and me, as well as the inhabitants of the house are moment shy of just throwing the whole F****** computer out the nearest window. 

I don't know about you but I don't really enjoy having 12 fans throttle from 0-3500rpm and every single LED having a rave at 2 am.

Much appreciated to the person who can solve my problem, any suggestions, please <3

Hi there,

My newly updated windows 10 "Dream Machine" has been waking itself up at 2:14:37am for "unknown" reasons as specified by windows event logs.

I have attempted to change the auto updating times, adapter settings in which devices can turn on the pc (ie. moving the mouse, keyboard, network adapters, etc...)

As a result of all this, nothing has changed, and me, as well as the inhabitants of the house are moment shy of just throwing the whole F****** computer out the nearest window. 

I don't know about you but I don't really enjoy having 12 fans throttle from 0-3500rpm and every single LED having a rave at 2 am.

Much appreciated to the person who can solve my problem, any suggestions, please <3

Until you find a solution why don't you just unplug it when you go to sleep?

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

No idea why it does that.

But I have 1 question.

12 fans at 3500 RPM? Are you trying to cool down the center of the earth?

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

why don't you just unplug it when you go to sleep?

+1

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

sometimes theres a activated "dehumidifier-wake" in the bios that causes your pc to turn on if the dehumidifier wants to

a comrade had this issue and the pc woke up every 24h at the same time, after checking the dehumidifier-wake setting in the bios and disabling it, everything worked fine

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Check the WOL (wake on lan) Settings in the Bios. When its on, turn it off.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

my laptop does this too, I just thought it was a windows thing. I wont be able to help, but I'll make use of the answers you get.

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

But I have 1 question.

i thought i was crazy with 8 fans :)

Some roommate of yours is having a late halloween joke :)

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

That cracked my up :D

How many times did it turn on by itself? Is is exactly the same time every night?

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Remove TeamViewer

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Remove TeamViewer

I have the same problem with my laptop, I used to have teamviewer installed, I'm going to look for left over files now, maybe that was it for me.

My nigga, your house is haunted!!!!! Move the fuck out of that house right now before the night lady get you.

Here's a pikachu with my name to calm you down.

c3VQQgb.png

If death has no cost, life has no worth

The dead are gone, the living are hungry

Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

Why not just shut the machine down and unplug it? That's what I do, however I don't have this problem and never have thank fully.

It's not a race to the bottom.

But I have 1 question.

I have a custom case, my pc is built into a desk with a window over top, 3 fans on the left, 3 on the right, 4 in a push pull rad set up, and 2 for case flow, kinda over kill but whatever LOL

I have a custom case, my pc is built into a desk with a window over top, 3 fans on the left, 3 on the right, 4 in a push pull rad set up, and 2 for case flow, kinda over kill but whatever LOL

Holy shit, pics?

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

That would make a lot of sense, the first couple days after having windows 10 it was fine, and a few after i installed a bunch of software, one of which was teamviewer, im just gonna assume this is the problem and ill report back. Thanks all!

Holy shit, pics?

If you want I can make a custom thread and ill post a link on this one when I have the time, its not 100% done, but it makes me smile :3

If you want I can make a custom thread and ill post a link on this one when I have the time, its not 100% done, but it makes me smile :3

please do

That would make a lot of sense, the first couple days after having windows 10 it was fine, and a few after i installed a bunch of software, one of which was teamviewer, im just gonna assume this is the problem and ill report back. Thanks all!

Did it work? :P

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.