Which is better (R9 390)

Clanscorpia

Which r9 390 is better? Asus R9 390 Strix or MSI R9 390 Gaming

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

MSI 

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

MSI, they're kinda at opposite ends of the AMD Graphics card quality spectrum.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Ok, the Asus one just looked better because of the tri cooler and higher clock speed

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

MSI is #1 for GPUs and motherboards as far as I'm concerned

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

MSI is #1 for GPUs and motherboards as far as I'm concerned

Meh.

Sapphire have the top tier non reference cooling solutions for Radeon cards, and is indisputable. As for motherboards, i've had a better history with Asrock/Gigabyte boards more than anything else. I tried 3 different MSI boards in the past and all 3 of them had something go wrong.

@OP 

The Sapphire R9 390 Nitro is the best 390 you can get.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Meh.

Sapphire is top tier for Radeon cards, that is indisputable. As for motherboards, i've had a better history with Asrock/Gigabyte boards more than anything else.

try dealing with the customer support with any of those three companies you listed

I have deal with gigabyte and sapphire and well let's say it was less than pleasant. And as rock has a bad rap too.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

try dealing with the customer support with any of those three companies you listed

I have deal with gigabyte and sapphire and well let's say it was less than pleasant. And as rock has a bad rap too.

I've dealt with Sapphire before, and they've been great. Never had to use customer support for anything else, when it comes to PC hardware.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I've dealt with Sapphire before, and they've been great. Never had to use customer support for anything else, when it comes to PC hardware.

their customer support number for Canada doesn't even work

their customer support number for Canada doesn't even work

They seem alright in the UK.

They seem alright in the UK.

their customer support is outsourced here :/ by althon.com

Last time they updated the site was 2003

Defenitly the msi.

Also , there is no best 390. The nitro and tri x models are nothing like the previous vapor x models.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Defenitly the msi.

Also , there is no best 390. The nitro and tri x models are nothing like the previous vapor x models.

That's right, they're better. The Nitro is stronger and runs cooler than the Vaporx, the Vaporx is better looking though.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

That's right, they're better. The Nitro is stronger and runs cooler than the Vaporx, the Vaporx is better looking though.

Haha funneh.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Haha funneh.

Seriously, I have the Vaporx 290 and Nitro 390 in the same case. I'm uniquely qualified to say the Nitro is way better. And that the Vaporx is damn sexy. Too sexy to sell :(

If anyone asks you never saw me.