ASUS ROG PG279Q - XBOX ONE

bigjoe

Hi

I just watched Linus YouTube vid on the Asus PG279Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ImK3WMBm4. He mentions that he tested an input lag of 12ms using a console on the HDMI port, so is it safe to say I am better off playing my Xbox one ( playing blackops3) off this monitor instead of my dedicated Xbox monitor the Benq RL2755HM. The Asus PG279Q will be used for my PC as well, not buying this monitor solely for Xbox one.

Also will a Asus strix 970 card run this monitor on high settings with a high refresh for PC games like Witcher, Farcry, GTA, WoW.   

Thanks

The difference in input lag would probably be negligible compared to the inherently high input lag you get with consoles, namely 30fps, wireless controller, etc.

Considering the Xbox latency at 30 fps is usually measured around the 90+ ms range cutting a few ms off at the monitor isn't going to make much difference, its too small a difference in the big pool of latency that comes with a console and how it does things. However the PG279Q does have a HDMI port so you can plug it in and use it. There are two concerns I have and I have no idea what the Xbox one will do with them:

1) Monitor refresh rate is far in excess of what the xbox one is designed to do, presumably it will just set it to 60hz and output at 30fps and that is it. The monitors motion blue reduction really doesn't work as well at that lower refresh rate as it does at 165.

2)  Monitors higher resolution being a 1440p monitor. I know that my xbox 360 could be set to the native of a 762p monitor but I have no idea if you can set the xbox one to output 1440p, I don't think it can and hence you would be using the scaler to run a non native image into the monitor, which the monitor will then introduce enormous lag scaling while making things even blurrier than they were to begin with.

All in all it just sounds like a bad plan to me.

Hi

I just watched Linus YouTube vid on the Asus PG279Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ImK3WMBm4. He mentions that he tested an input lag of 12ms using a console on the HDMI port, so is it safe to say I am better off playing my Xbox one ( playing blackops3) off this monitor instead of my dedicated Xbox monitor the Benq RL2755HM. The Asus PG279Q will be used for my PC as well, not buying this monitor solely for Xbox one.

Also will a Asus strix 970 card run this monitor on high settings with a high refresh for PC games like Witcher, Farcry, GTA, WoW.   

Thanks

Well.....put it this way...its faster than a TV :P 

guess I just stick with the RL for Xbox.

So what about the 970 GPU with the Asus Swift monitor?