PSA: GTA:MP Shut down by Take Two

NeatSquidYT

https://www.change.org/p/take-two-interactive-software-gta-mp-votez-pour-l-autorisation-du-mod-multijoueur https://www.change.org/p/take-two-interactive-software-gta-mp-votez-pour-l-autorisation-du-mod-multijoueur

PLEASE SIGN

GTA:MP was a mod designed on the GTA V engine, with no messing around with Social Club or GTA:Online or anything. It was an effort to bring serverside scripting to a GTA online experience, and breached no terms of service or anything. The ones they did break are ACTUALLY SUPPORTED by Rockstar (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/07/grand-theft-auto-5-pc-mods-get-seal-of-approval-from-rockstar-games). Take Two and R* need to see that shutting down this project was WRONG. All we (the GTA:MP community) wanted to do was to have fun with GTA V in a crazy environment, and R* just shut it down.

I know that signing the petition itself won't bring it back, but bringing the petition to the public eye will hopefully spark an outcry amongst the GTA V community, and that's when R* actually fucking do anything.

This totally wasn't bound to happen.

RIP

It's a weird time to do it. The project has been active for a year, and has been thriving for about 30 weeks or so with weekly dev blogs.

It's a weird time to do it. The project has been active for a year, and has been thriving for about 30 weeks or so with weekly dev blogs.

They're up to something. They must be up to something really fucking big. Or they're trying to crumble themselves.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

They should share the files with someone else and then that someone else should continue it. And so on and so on. Just to screw with them.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

They should share the files with someone else and then that someone else should continue it. And so on and so on. Just to screw with them.

They did have a GitHub repo with the stuff in, but they may have had to delete it. 

but why.... :(

SA:MP was the best thing that ever happened to me in PC gaming...

I was really excited for GTA:MP

They did have a GitHub repo with the stuff in, but they may have had to delete it. 

I'm sure they have copies. They should upload them as torrents and spread it around like a virus.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

but why.... :(

SA:MP was the best thing that ever happened to me in PC gaming...

Because R* have turned into Nazis

I'm sure they have copies. They should upload them as torrents and spread it around like a virus.

That'd cause more harm than good. Apparently the mod was in a playable, but buggy state.

That'd cause more harm than good. Apparently the mod was in a playable, but buggy state.

Someone else would have access to it so that can improve it and if they can't, the next person could etc etc. I don't mean the game, but the source files.

Someone else would have access to it so that can improve it and if they can't, the next person could etc etc. I don't mean the game, but the source files.

once again, more harm than good.

once again, more harm than good.

I don't understand, how so?

I don't understand, how so?

It's better to be on the right side of the law. If it gets spread around, the devs WILL get sued and possibly imprisoned. 

It's better to be on the right side of the law. If it gets spread around, the devs WILL get sued and possibly imprisoned. 

Ah, right. I forgot they might try that.