Overclocking Voltage on Gigabyte GTX 750

Go to solution Solved by Ostwind,

Due to restrictions set by Nvidia the amount of voltage you can get is limited, anything that you're allowed to run without physically modding the card is safe to run. Crank the voltage to max and get you some more jiggabeetz

Hello someone,

As a novice, I recently began overclocking my Gigabyte GTX 750 (link to card: http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4983#ov).

I was talking with an NCIX troubleshooting guy and told me about overclocking and stuff, and with some help, and he said that he could help me with voltages later.

I just recently hit the top of my clocks on my graphics card (+250MHZ core, +550MHZ, tell me if it's good or not), and realised it would be time for voltages. I am still a beginner, and I looked up on Lifehacker about voltages as I think I scared away the NCIX guy :(.

I read that you should know what a safe voltage your card is, but I looked online and couldn't find any safe voltage guidances, so turned to you guys for help.

If you guys could come back with a safe voltage to overclock my card to, that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Due to restrictions set by Nvidia the amount of voltage you can get is limited, anything that you're allowed to run without physically modding the card is safe to run. Crank the voltage to max and get you some more jiggabeetz

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Does anyone else agree with that? I'm sorry Ostwind, just don't want to burn out a card. I looked online about the nvidia limiting voltage thing but nothing came up...

Ostwind is right,Nvidia has made its cards so you literally cant damage your card from changing the voltage,becuase its set within the safe fields.If you want to go further than your max voltage you need to physically mod your cards voltage rails and power supplier(whatsmacallit)

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Well, I'm still a novice, and physically modding sounds really hard and bad. Thanks for everyone's help. I'm sorry for underestimating you Ostwind! :)