My Thoughts On Fallout 4

soaringchicken

So, I'm pretty sure you guys are all aware this game was hyped to absolute crap, and many were expecting it to reach past the level of even Skyrim, but have been disappointed. Now just to state it, I haven't played the game yet (I'm poor) but I've watched a fair bit of it (including luke's stream). Just to use an example here, we had everyone disappointed with the steam sale not long ago: what I think happened is that people kept wanting the sale to get better and better, when eventually Valve just comes to a point where they can't reach that same caliber of the last one, this is what I think happened with Fallout: Bethesda has had such a good history that even if this game was a 9/10, I still think people would be disappointed, I think there was no way Fallout could blow peoples minds at this point, it just seems like an impossible goal imo. So before you go and look at the negative Steam reviews, form your own opinion of the game: like Watchdogs this game was overhyped as crap, there was no way Fallout would deliver the game people were expecting, it's still worth your time, I'm sure the devs put endless hours of work into this, it doesn't deserve the hate it is getting. Give it some time, wait for a sale to come on and some various issues to be fixed via updates/modders. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

That picture next to that title... it looks like you are trying to imply something

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

That picture next to that title... it looks like you are trying to imply something

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Skyrim: Fallout edition

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I agree and tbh I love the game played 10 hours and still haven't touched the main quest. I also just finished putting a wall up around my settlement.

So, I'm pretty sure you guys are all aware this game was hyped to absolute crap, and many were expecting it to reach past the level of even Skyrim, but have been disappointed. Now just to state it, I haven't played the game yet (I'm poor) but I've watched a fair bit of it (including luke's stream). Just to use an example here, we had everyone disappointed with the steam sale not long ago: what I think happened is that people kept wanting the sale to get better and better, when eventually Valve just comes to a point where they can't reach that same caliber of the last one, this is what I think happened with Fallout: Bethesda has had such a good history that even if this game was a 9/10, I still think people would be disappointed, I think there was no way Fallout could blow peoples minds at this point, it just seems like an impossible goal imo. So before you go and look at the negative Steam reviews, form your own opinion of the game: like Watchdogs this game was overhyped as crap, there was no way Fallout would deliver the game people were expecting, it's still worth your time, I'm sure the devs put endless hours of work into this, it doesn't deserve the hate it is getting. Give it some time, wait for a sale to come on and some various issues to be fixed via updates/modders. 

This is the same reason Valve refuses to create Half Life 3, The game is so hyped to the point the game could be hav Lord

Gaben himself in it and people would still be disappointed.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

i think for the 7 years of time they put into this game they did excellent. 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

i think for the 7 years of time they put into this game they did excellent. 

They didn't actually work on this game for 7 years.

They didn't actually work on this game for 7 years.

well thy did if you include all the talks ect , game engine refresh , design , and what have you not it adds up to a lot of time. actual making of the game was done in 4 years 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Hope you can play it soon.

So far I've been playing it for kinda 5-6 hours, only crashed once, and that wasn't even the games fault, it was mine because I was running my card with an overclock I didn't tested before (it ran for 2 hours before crashing though).

As a weird dude thay played Fallout 3 two times (yes, completely) and as a Fallout fan: So far i'm loving the game.

There's some stuff that I didn't liked of course, like the Skills stuff, they removed them. 

Other minor thing: The weapons inventory images, I loved how Bethesda made a Vault Boy for each weapon, that was one of the things I loved about FO3 and NV.

But Fallout 4 has a lot of possitive things:

- Side quest are super interesting now, at least I now get into them a lot more compared to FO3 and NV. I'm making more progress in some side quests than in the main game quest, so far they're interesting.

- Graphics are great considering the kinda big size of the game

- For release, they don't have some game-breaking bugs. The crafting system actually works, modding system it's awesome.

- Combat improved compared to other games, now you can play as a FPS, third person or trust the good old VATS, you still have fun and you can actually survive in first person.

Also something that I didn't liked: They moved the key bindings, and they changed them in a weird way. I know you can rebind them, but as a previous Fallout games player, Fallout 4 controls confused me the first minutes of gameplay. 

Besides that, the game is pretty solid and fun.

I know the game didn't lived up to the hype, but as you said: No game delivers all the hype and expectations, because sometimes, we (the gamers) expect too much from games, and we get dissappointed with sometimes stupid, little stuff.

For me, the game's well worth the $40 bucks I paid, and i'm putting a lot more hours into it.