R9 Fury X or GTX980ti

BeanMachine

I feel that the title explains it all, but to further clarify I just made a bunch of money off investments, and want to upgrade my gtx960. I'm mainly looking for something 'Future Proof', Bang fro the Buck, Quiet, and good for 3D rendering, and Gaming at 2.5-4K.

A mix between the red and the green team

4000 USD? Or what?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I would go for the 980ti more vRam and performs better in some games. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Single card: 980ti, dual+: Fury X. End of story.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

980ti stupidly fast gpu, more memory, better drivers, better support, better features, better softwares...support both CUDA and openCL compute...no reason to pick AMD what so ever at this price range and seeing AMD is going nowhere right now and might no longer even be around at the same time next year to provide drivers and fixes for the cards i think your money would be much better invested in a powerful nvidia GPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4000 USD? Or what?

He means the resolution.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

980 ti

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

4000 USD? Or what?

2.5-4k means 2.5k resolution to 4k resolution

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

hurgh definitely not amd

A 980ti is absolutely fine for 1440p

I personally have one and have discovered that in pretty much every AAA game its isnt terribly good in 4k. Except for BF4 which for some reason (only in multiplayer) can run ultra absolutely everything in 4K @60fps

I really like cake

Fury X, HBM is the selling point for me

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Since most say 980ti, would it be a reasonable option to spend a little more money, and get a watercooled one?

I feel that the title explains it all, but to further clarify I just made a bunch of money off investments, and want to upgrade my gtx960. I'm mainly looking for something 'Future Proof', Bang fro the Buck, Quiet, and good for 3D rendering, and Gaming at 2.5-4K.

980Ti definitely.

Get an EVGA or Gigabyte card.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

What 3D rendering programs are you using?

If it's something that can utilise NVIDIA's CUDA performance, go with the 980 Ti. If you aren't, and just want something cool and that works, the Fury X might just be ideal.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

nVidia is always up to date with drivers, for example Blender, drivers for the GPUs are very optimised. And now, FO4 came out and there are instantly driver for it, ready to rock.

tl;dr: GTX 980Ti all the way

Since most say 980ti, would it be a reasonable option to spend a little more money, and get a watercooled one?

Depends on how much disposable  income you have. In my opinion a hydro card is a bit excessive since a 980 Ti at 1200MHz/82 degrees C performs exactly the same as a 980 Ti at 1200MHz/62 degrees C.

What 3D rendering programs are you using?

If it's something that can utilise NVIDIA's CUDA performance, go with the 980 Ti. If you aren't, and just want something cool and that works, the Fury X might just be ideal.

Cinema 4D

Gigabyte XTREME EDITION 980Ti watercooled came out today/yesterday. For OCing it will be awesome I believe :D

For editing stuff 980ti, for gaming at higher resolutions 295x2 or 290x/390/390x 8gb models.  8-12 gbs of vram is more ideal, and you will get the double with 295x2 in dx12 games.

Well problem is most my friends use either 390x or 290x and I know from them that they get quite hot and loud, 2 factors I would like to avoid.

That depends on your cooling.

They all have different variants, from MSI to Gigabyte, and Asus and all say it gets hot.

Gigabyte XTREME EDITION 980Ti watercooled came out today/yesterday. For OCing it will be awesome I believe :D

Can you link it?