New laptop slow even after Windows reinstall

SaerBear

Hey Guys

I'm trying to fix a laptop for a family member. The laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCCA15FG (http://www.sony-asia.com/product/vpcca15fg). If you look at it it's pretty new and mid-high end laptop (Core i5, Radeon Graphics, etc).

It use to run fine but recently it got pretty slow. After looking into it I could see anything that was causing it to run slow, so I did the obvous thing (which I thought should solve the problem) and reinstalled Windows (7 Ultimate).

Even after this - to my surprise - the computer is still quite slow. It was slow both before and after I installed the drivers.

Any ideas what's causing this? Any help would be great.

Cheers Guys

Could you tell us which parts of the system are going slow? Could it be something with the I/O?

Just generally slow when you click on the start menu, try to drag and drop a file, click on something.

UPDATE: Tested the CPU with CPU-Z and Prime95 and the CPU is working fine. Tested the ram which was also working fine. Took the hdd out and tested in my machine, also fine. I have no clue what's causing this

I'd try contacting support if you still have warranty, because that sounds pretty strange. Are there any programs you've installed on it that could be causing it? Go into your task manager, and under processes make sure that there's nothing crazy in there.

UPDATE: Tested the CPU with CPU-Z and Prime95 and the CPU is working fine. Tested the ram which was also working fine.

Try Prime 95 and monitor the temps for the CPU maybe the cooler is full of dust.

the cooler is full of dust 100%. is the main problem with laptops, disassemble it replace thermal compound clean the fan, assmble it and fire up the laptop.

with me whoever, ahead who can

As I said I did run Prime95 and monitor the temps, nothing unusual. Ran the HDD in my PC without a problem. No applications have been installed (just windows), it slow before and after driver install.

Probably will contact Sony. Cheers anyway.