Friends horrifying $500 budget build

ppolicherla91

So a while ago i was conscripted to build a entry level sort of gaming pc for my friend and he didn't want to spend more than 500 dollars. And after eyeing deals and make MANY compromises to my personal standards, I completed it. 

Specs:

CPU: Pentium G anniversary processor

MOBO:  Asus H81M-E Micro ATX 

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB

STORAGE: 120GB ADATA SSD and 1tb seagate Barracuda HDD

GPU: GTX 750Ti from MSI

CASE: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

PSU: Corsair CX 500W 

the case was really old didn't have usb 3.0 on it so that port on the mobo ended up going to waste and well it was not made for good airflow but i did what i could as you will see in the photos.

here is a link to the pics i ended up taking http://imgur.com/gallery/TXqv7?lr=0

That psu will ruin the entire  build you could have gotten something better for nearly the same price.

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I'd be interested to see the prices because I got an i3 4170 + 750 for well under 500.

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

Dem cables :(

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

That psu will ruin the entire  build you could have gotten something better for nearly the same price.

No it won't. CX aren't meant for high end systems. This doesn't draw enough wattage to be a problem.

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

Not really... Stop with your based opinions its just a bunch of bull shit

No it won't. CX aren't meant for high end systems. This doesn't draw enough wattage to be a problem.

push it too much and its kind of screwed its just you can get a better psu for the price. 

Im not biased haha. Its just you can get more for your money

push it too much and its kind of screwed its just you can get a better psu for the price. 

your shitting me right?

Lol I can prove you wrong right now, look at my PC

Just because people say it in the internet doesn't mean its true

Well with  the 750ti the system won't even pull 300W, maybe even less so the CX isn't under much load.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Are you saying that a cx psu is good?

Are you saying that a cx psu is good?

For the price it isn't a bad deal.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

push it too much and its kind of screwed

Let me explain it for you : 

A lot of people buy CX psu's, therefore a lot of CX psu's are installed in rigs. Because of the high number of CX psu's, the failure rate is also higher, therefore the relative number of blown CX psu's is higher than every other PSU

Also, OP's rig is not even going to draw THAT much power, so that CX is fine

I've been running overclocked on a CX600M for two years now

Stop being salty.

Now now children, stop fighting!

CX aren't meant for gaming builds.

This means, any kind of overclock or heavy hardware wouldn't be advised for your own safety.

It will be fine in a low power system like this one, but it will be recommended and not necessary to replace it if you upgrade CPU/GPU later on.

Is there better PSU's out there? Yes

For the same price? Probably not

For a bit more money? Probably

Will the CX blow up this system? Normally not, unless bad luck.

Will upgrading the CX be advised when upgrading stuff like CPU/GPU later on? Yes.

Everything settled?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Let me explain it for you : 

A lot of people buy CX psu's, therefore a lot of CX psu's are installed in rigs. Because of the high number of CX psu's, the failure rate is also higher, therefore the relative number of blown CX psu's ig higher than every other PSU

Also, OP's rig is not even going to draw THAT much power, so that CX is fine.

Stop being salty.

ayoooo lmao

Now now children, stop fighting!

CX aren't meant for gaming builds.

This means, any kind of overclock or heavy hardware wouldn't be advised for your own safety.

It will be fine in a low power system like this one, but it will be recommended and not necessary to replace it if you upgrade CPU/GPU later on.

Is there better PSU's out there? Yes

For the same price? Probably not

For a bit more money? Probably

Will the CX blow up this system? Normally not, unless bad luck.

Will upgrading the CX be advised when upgrading stuff like CPU/GPU later on? Yes.

Everything settled?

yes mom

That's nothing but BS. I ran dual GTX 580's and a 3930K off of a CX750 for more than a year and other than the non modular design being undesirable I had absolutely no problems with it. All components are still alive (although no longer in the same system). The same can't exactly be said for my 3 AX/AXi series PSU's that have all been RMA'd with odd issues like randomly hard rebooting etc. If I hadn't switched to a Silverstone SFX PSU I'd still be running the CX750 (and a good bunch of my friends are still running various CX models).

7ERihEv.gif
Can we get back to the build?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

For a high end gaming build no..

And this isn't one

CX is a great budget PSU

People are just too stupid to research on it before buying for their high end builds

totally true ... blind hate is getting way out of control. CS would be fine for this build considering the components. Are there better PSUs ... of course, but for a basic build, it really doesn't matter.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M