Is this an ok GPU

sissj

I'm planning to upgrade my system next year, will the components still be good or should I upgrade to skylake?

Also I've head this GPU is a hot card but if I go for ANY AMD card it has to be this one because it looks so damn good, what do you guys think? 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RgzqvK

P.S. Would a AX760 have enough wattage for this upgrade because I am planning to keep my PSU to save a bit of money

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

You reeeally dont need that dominator Ram dude xD But they are pretty hot. Pretty awesome graphics cards though.  And no, with that wattage you'd risk a fire. You'd be better suited for an 850 or 1000w power supply .w.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£241.53 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£234.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (£112.01 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£113.94 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  (£330.21 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  (£330.21 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1618.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-07 14:40 GMT+0000

Moist

Why 2 390x? i would go for a sigle 980 ti  

Edit: Do not go for asus if you choose amd,their cards are bad compared to the other offerings

Go with 2 390 without the X.

That way you save loads of money, performance ratio not that good for 390X.

Why 2 390x? i would go for a sigle 980 ti  

Edit: Do not go for asus if you choose amd,their cards are bad compared to the other offerings

Whats wrong with their cards?

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

How they're cooled.

This is especially known on the R9 390 Strix, which from what I know, doesn't have proper VRM cooling

Oh, shame because its a really good looking card :(

It's ugly imo :P.

The best cards are the thin watercooled ones that look @"Slick" as hell.

Pun intended

I'm planning to upgrade my system next year, will the components still be good or should I upgrade to skylake?

Also I've head this GPU is a hot card but if I go for ANY AMD card it has to be this one because it looks so damn good, what do you guys think? 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RgzqvK

P.S. Would a AX760 have enough wattage for this upgrade because I am planning to keep my PSU to save a bit of money

Like others said, several problem with this build. 

1.) You don't need that Formula board. It's overkill. Any board for around 145 euro would suit your need fine.

2.) Dominator Platinums, just no. They're just RAM. Go with the cheapest price to GB ratio from reputable brands. HyperX Fury 1866 ram would suit you just fine.

3.) Why on earth do you need WD Blacks? They're loud and pointless for the average consumer. Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm would be better for you.

4.) Go with 980 Ti or Dual 390. Both setup can be supported by your 760W (Although dual 390 just barely). Dual 390 for performance per dollar and 980 Ti for better support.

5.) Where's the CPU heatsink? You're not planning on using the stock intel heatsink are you? Get a Noctua NH D15/equivalent or at least a Hyper 212/equivalent.

Like others said, several problem with this build. 

1.) You don't need that Formula board. It's overkill. Any board for around 145 euro would suit your need fine.

2.) Dominator Platinums, just no. They're just RAM. Go with the cheapest price to GB ratio from reputable brands. HyperX Fury 1866 ram would suit you just fine.

3.) Why on earth do you need WD Blacks? They're loud and pointless for the average consumer. Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm would be better for you.

4.) Go with 980 Ti or Dual 390. Both setup can be supported by your 760W (Although dual 390 just barely). Dual 390 for performance per dollar and 980 Ti for better support.

5.) Where's the CPU heatsink? You're not planning on using the stock intel heatsink are you? Get a Noctua NH D15/equivalent or at least a Hyper 212/equivalent.

1) I like aesthetically pleasing components

2) ^

3) WD blacks are faster than normal HDD'S

4) Ok bro

5) I'm reusing my corsair h100i

1) I like aesthetically pleasing components

2) ^

3) WD blacks are faster than normal HDD'S

4) Ok bro

5) I'm reusing my corsair h100i

1/2) 150~ british pounds just for aesthetics... Like, seriously, if I were you, I'd use that money to jump to 5820K. 2 extra cores and an upgrade path to 5960X.

3) The one you chose is 7200 RPM. WD Black 7200 RPM are only ever so slightly faster (You won't notice it at all) than a Barracuda 7200RPM. So no, WD Black 7200RPM are not magically faster than normal HDD. The point of WD black is it's longer warranty and reliability on the business level (24/7 100% usage). A normal barracuda 7200RPM is already reliable enough for the average consumer (you).

4/5) Good

1 Extended)

Yours without GPU: £821.91

My recommendation with 5820K: £716.65 (Looks sleek too with all black components. You can find red accent motherboard too. Like the MSI X99S Gaming 7(More expensive though. But still cheaper than your build)

If you're want to spend the extra cash, I highly advise you to jump to 5820K then. Two extra cores to play around with and a upgrade path to 5960X. An eight core beast.

Look at my sig

Look at my post

Asus suck almost always

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1/2) 150~ british pounds just for aesthetics... Like, seriously, if I were you, I'd use that money to jump to 5820K. 2 extra cores and an upgrade path to 5960X.

3) The one you chose is 7200 RPM. WD Black 7200 RPM are only ever so slightly faster (You won't notice it at all) than a Barracuda 7200RPM. So no, WD Black 7200RPM are not magically faster than normal HDD. The point of WD black is it's longer warranty and reliability on the business level (24/7 100% usage). A normal barracuda 7200RPM is already reliable enough for the average consumer (you).

4/5) Good

1 Extended)

Yours without GPU: £821.91

My recommendation with 5820K: £716.65 (Looks sleek too with all black components. You can find red accent motherboard too. Like the MSI X99S Gaming 7(More expensive though. But still cheaper than your build)

If you're want to spend the extra cash, I highly advise you to jump to 5820K then. Two extra cores to play around with and a upgrade path to 5960X. An eight core beast.

Thanks for the advice :D

I really liked the look of the x99a but what is the difference between the x99A and x99S because they look identical.

Thanks for the advice :D

I really liked the look of the x99a but what is the difference between the x99A and x99S because they look identical.

iunno, I listed the X99S cause on newegg and amazon.com, more ppl used the X99S than X99A and the X99S has Tom's Hardware Approved and Techpowerup Recommended tag on Newegg.

Actually, upon further research, the X99A is the updated version of X99S. Physically, it has two USB 3.1 Type A port which the X99S doesn't. My bad. Go with the X99A if you want a red accent board.

iunno, I listed the X99S cause on newegg and amazon.com, more ppl used the X99S than X99A and the X99S has Tom's Hardware Approved and Techpowerup Recommended tag on Newegg.

Actually, upon further research, the X99A is the updated version of X99S. Physically, it has two USB 3.1 Type A port which the X99S doesn't. My bad. Go with the X99A if you want a red accent board.

Oh, sorry I meant x99a sli plus and x99s sli plus :P

The 760w is enough

I highly recommend not going with the Asus cooler though

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Oh, sorry I meant x99a sli plus and x99s sli plus :P

seems the same as the gaming one lol. The x99a sli plus is the updated version of the s variant and includes two 3.1 USB slot.