weird popping/cracking noise

Azade12

So im having a weird cracking noise when i play audio. Its kind of someone eating potato chips. Please help!

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

When did it start occurring and what are your specifications?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

So im having a weird cracking noise when i play audio. Its kind of someone eating potato chips. Please help!

Stop watching videos of people eating potato chips.

*problem solved*  B)

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

Could be a driver problem. Have you uninstalled/installed any recently?

Is this with onboard audio?

stop eating potato chips while playing games

Stop watching videos of people eating potato chips.

*problem solved*  B)

Clever. Original.

okay, the honest answer would be a bad earth wire in a speaker...Charge tends to build up and discharge. send back for warranty unless it's a custom built in which case check your solder.

Clever. Original.

this is a combined post of two different thread that the mods jumped upon early, Get off your high horse SSL.

And thanks for asking the questions we all wanted to know.

I fixed the problem! (kinda) the audio jack splitter wire was exposed becuase the outside  rubber proctection broke off! I got a spare anyway, thanks!

When did it start occurring and what are your specifications?

Clever. Original.

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

Hi, I have a similar problem. I was cleaning my pc and did some cable management and after that all sounds/audio have crackling, both on speakers and through digital output. So i guess its not the speakers but onboard audio. I reinstalled Realtek drivers, but no fix.

could you provide a link to a detailed process of fully uninstalling/reinstalling audiio driver, maybe i need to do it again

thanks

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Hi, I have a similar problem. I was cleaning my pc and did some cable management and after that all sounds/audio have crackling, both on speakers and through digital output. So i guess its not the speakers but onboard audio. I reinstalled Realtek drivers, but no fix.

could you provide a link to a detailed process of fully uninstalling/reinstalling audiio driver, maybe i need to do it again

thanks

OP's post was a hardware issue, literally a wire was coming in contact with an outside source. My advice would be to check this first, most driver issues result in weird cuttoffs, not popping, and cracking.

OP's post was a hardware issue, literally a wire was coming in contact with an outside source. My advice would be to check this first, most driver issues result in weird cuttoffs, not popping, and cracking.

At least you know what you're talking about.

not always, and your posts are always welcomed. we've had some arguments in the past http://linustechtips.com/main/user/184582-slightlyjaded/ waiting for a mod to let me reset my account

Good, I love arguing.

Pops and cracks are caused by PCI latency issues. Sound cards are real time devices and if the data doesn't make it in time the audio buffer empties out and it leaves a pop or distortion (crackle) of the sound. First step is to check your DPC latency, this is the normal cause these days and its often a really bad driver causing problems.