My craigslist audio profits continue.

spwath

A while ago, I bought a pair of speakers for 5$, then sold them on eBay for 60.

I have just had similar success.

I bought a Sony str-dh520 receiver a while ago for 35$ on craigslist, used it, but it would not corporate with my set up, so I got a Onkyo receiver for 15$ on craigslist. Now I just sold the Sony receiver for 80$ +20$ shipping on eBay.

Yay profits.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Okay?

Nice. Keep this up and might actually be able to afford something worth owning some day.

I kid. That's quite a profit on those speakers. Where they junk or did the people that sold them to you not realize their value?

Nice. :) How'd ya sell $5 for $60? Or were they just going cheap when you bought them?

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

Nice. Keep this up and might actually be able to afford something worth owning some day.

I kid. That's quite a profit on those speakers. Where they junk or did the people that sold them to you not realize their value?

They were aiwa sx-77u speakers. They were at a garage sale, people didn't know what they were worth.

I personally didn't like them, but they are probably not optimized for near field listening on a desk with their 8" woofer

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I can never get anything sold on eBay and I don't ask ridiculous prices..... wtf?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

They were aiwa sx-77u speakers. They were at a garage sale, people didn't know what they were worth.

I personally didn't like them, but they are probably not optimized for near field listening on a desk with their 8" woofer

Crazy. Maybe LTT should do a Scrapyard Audio System Wars series.

I can never get anything sold on eBay and I don't ask ridiculous prices..... wtf?

I have made a lot of money on eBay. At least 1k from Lego's, and another 3-400$ from other stuff

Crazy. Maybe LTT should do a Scrapyard Audio System Wars series.

That's my entire system other than my subwoofer.

My 4 speakers and receiver are all from craigslist. I'm especially proud of my 15$ onkyo tx-sr606 receiver. I'm working on fixing that HDMI board now, but I needed a smaller soldering iron tip. So I have to wait a few days for that to arrive.

I have made a lot of money on eBay. At least 1k from Lego's, and another 3-400$ from other stuff

Got any tips on how I can sell the old iMac I have? It's a perfectly functioning iMac G5 with a fresh OS install and I personally replaced all of the capacitors in the logic board that are known to go bad (most had when before I got it). I spent about $25 on capacitors and I started with bidding at $50 with a Buy it Now option at $125. I figured there had to be collectors out there but it's never sold. I even listed it on Craigslist too. I have a ton of computer stuff that I want to sell, but most of it's old stuff that I don't know people have much interest in, like old PSUs. :(

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Got any tips on how I can sell the old iMac I have? It's a perfectly functioning iMac G5 with a fresh OS install and I personally replaced all of the capacitors in the logic board that are known to go bad (most had when before I got it). I spent about $25 on capacitors and I started with bidding at $50 with a Buy it Now option at $125. I figured there had to be collectors out there but it's never sold. I even listed it on Craigslist too. I have a ton of computer stuff that I want to sell, but most of it's old stuff that I don't know people have much interest in, like old PSUs. :(

G5 is less collectible.

I have literally the entire g4 collection, other than laptops. Powermac g4, iMac g4, g4 cube, emac g4. Only missing Mac mini g4 and laptops.

G5 is to new to be collectible.

G5 is less collectible.

I have literally the entire g4 collection, other than laptops. Powermac g4, iMac g4, g4 cube, emac g4. Only missing Mac mini g4 and laptops.

G5 is to new to be collectible.

So you're saying I should just tuck it away safely in a box and wait a few years and try selling it again later....?

END OF LINE

So you're saying I should just tuck it away safely in a box and wait a few years and try selling it again later....?

Maby.

The g5 overall has a less unique design. I'm not sure how popular it ever will be. The iMac g4 has a much more radical design.

But who knows.

In a few years it could be worth more, or it might end up being less.

I would just list it a few more times and see what happens

Thing is, audio is pretty much timeless. Really good speakers from the 80s are still at least going to be decent now. Computers are a very different story...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Thing is, audio is pretty much timeless. Really good speakers from the 80s are still at least going to be decent now. Computers are a very different story...

Unless they are collectible.

Like a NeXT cube, 20th anniversary mac, and others.

Unless they are collectible.

Like a NeXT cube, 20th anniversary mac, and others.

Yeah, but that's somewhat different...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)