Tesla's Model S Gets Highest Safety Rating from NHTSA, Breaks Roof Testing Machine

Warcony

Tesla received a combined rating of 5.4 stars

Tesla Motors recently received the highest safety rating ever from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

NHTSA gave Tesla's Model S a five-star safety rating in each individual category and overall, achieving a combined rating of 5.4 stars. This is the highest rating ever given by the U.S. agency.

Link to article:

http://www.dailytech.com/Teslas+Model+S+Gets+Highest+Safety+Rating+from+NHTSA+Breaks+Roof+Testing+Machine/article33209.htm

This further proves that Tesla and Elon Musk are doing amazing things and the future is bright for electric cars.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I like what tesla is doing, but trying to fight against oil companies and other car companies will be quite a challenge.

I love looking at slomo crash vids :p

I am a happy wuffy

All of Tesla's cars are amazing, if just programs like top gear would stop making them look bad by starting battery tests at 30% etc.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

The big problem with electric cars is the current battery technology. They won't ever be mainstream (or cheap enough for mainstream) until we get the batteries sorted out. They are heavy, expensive and discharge too quickly.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I wish I had the money for a tesla... and the money for the power bill to recharge it

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @4.2GHZ | MSI 970A-G 46| Gskill Sniper 2X4GB 2400| Samsung 840 EVO 120GB| NZXT Phantom 410 gunmetal|

Apevia 680W Iceberg| HIS R9-270X| WD green 3TB| 

I wish I had the money for a tesla... and the money for the power bill to recharge it

My friend might get a tesla and he has solar and wind power on his ranch.

Wouldn't electricity still be cheaper than fuel?

Of course, that is what makes it a viable option to consumers. If fuel was cheaper, they wouldn't give two fudges about the environment ;)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Electricity would be cheaper than fuel but the initial cost of purchase will still drive it out of most people's reach even with the fuel savings as it would take so long to break even on the costs.

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @4.2GHZ | MSI 970A-G 46| Gskill Sniper 2X4GB 2400| Samsung 840 EVO 120GB| NZXT Phantom 410 gunmetal|

Apevia 680W Iceberg| HIS R9-270X| WD green 3TB| 

Depends on your location, the times at which you are charging your vehicle, how far you drive etc.  It is hard to compare the 2 cost wise.  For someone who has distributed generation set up (solar array or wind) then it would be cheaper.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Just for your info, a Model S costs about $1 for 25 miles at average consumer electricity pricing. And, the tesla supercharging stations charges it for free.

I would love to win one!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Just for your info, a Model S costs about $1 for 25 miles at average consumer electricity pricing. And, the tesla supercharging stations charges it for free.

The initial price will put it out of the reach of most consumers though, not the running costs. They can afford the running costs, but spending 40-60k dollars at one time is likely out of the question, even if they get a loan to pay for it.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The initial price will put it out of the reach of most consumers though, not the running costs. They can afford the running costs, but spending 40-60k dollars at one time is likely out of the question, even if they get a loan to pay for it.

Now I'm in Denmark, and here most cheap sedans of this size would actually be around 30-40.000, a BMW or similar 100.000, so this sounds kindy funny to me, but I do see what the problem is yeah.

"Financing".

god, even i could afford another 1500$/month to my budget and i don't nearly break 6 figures.

Now I'm in Denmark, and here most cheap sedans of this size would actually be around 30-40.000, a BMW or similar 100.000, so this sounds kindy funny to me, but I do see what the problem is yeah.

Yeah, but everything is really expensive in Denmark compared to the rest of Europe/the world. You can spend the equivalent of 20 euros on a McDonalds meal or kebab in Denmark (and Sweden isn't much different).

"Financing".

god, even i could afford another 1500$/month to my budget and i don't nearly break 6 figures.

The median income in the US is a tiny bit below 50,000 dollars right now. There were 1.5 million households living on 2 dollars per day or less before government aid in 2011.

800px-Distribution_of_Annual_Household_I

That means that 50% of households have an income of under 50,000 dollars per year. They can't afford another 1500 outlay per month.

Make electric cars affordable for the masses and they'll sell. See what happened when Henry Ford put the Model T into production, the car went from something for the rich, to something for the masses. He sold 15 million of them between 1908 and 1927 (19 years).

Really need to get my hands on one of these when the charging stations start spreading over from Norway to Sweden.

Cheers,

Linus

Yeah, but everything is really expensive in Denmark compared to the rest of Europe/the world. You can spend the equivalent of 20 euros on a McDonalds meal or kebab in Denmark (and Sweden isn't much different).

On a single person McDonalds would be 10 and Kebab 5, but i know what you mean. US is ridicoulous in every way right now.

The price to charge it is less than the amount gas would cost, so if you can get the car you can afford to drive it as much as your current car.

The price to charge it is less than the amount gas would cost, so if you can get the car you can afford to drive it as much as your current car.

wow, i never knew that. how does your country even allow super rich like this to exist?

High-level positions in private enterprise, as well as positions in the financial sector create those massive paychecks.

It's a longstanding debate about why the distribution of wealth is so uneven, but it's true that many of those at the top are high-profile members of large corporations and organizations.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking