SSD Question(s).

When watching NCIX's "GTA 5 PC Hardware Performance Report", I noticed that the spokesperson stated, "For Steam users you will actually

need 130 Gigabytes of free space to actually unpack the game".  However, the games system requirements on Steam are 65 Gigabytes, why is

so much more if you install it on an SSD?  Is it necessary to install it at 130 Gigabytes on an SSD?  Also, what are the advantages for installing it 

as 130 gigabytes?  I'm just curious since I am getting a Samsung 850 Pro 250 Gigabytes soon.

If you have another SSD for your OS go ahead and install it on SDD, it only improve the load time. Only a small improvement boost ingame. 

Magical Pineapples

When watching NCIX's "GTA 5 PC Hardware Performance Report", I noticed that the spokesperson stated, "For Steam users you will actually

need 130 Gigabytes of free space to actually unpack the game".  However, the games system requirements on Steam are 65 Gigabytes, why is

so much more if you install it on an SSD?  Is it necessary to install it at 130 Gigabytes on an SSD?  Also, what are the advantages for installing it 

as 130 gigabytes?  I'm just curious since I am getting a Samsung 850 Pro 250 Gigabytes soon.

hmm not too sure, i have gta on my 240gb ssd, and its only 65gb, and its on there with my os and other programs, it doesnt use 130gb in my ssd

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Old thing when people preloaded it, the initial download was 65gb then you needed another 65 to unpack it (because you cant just remove the packed one until the unpacking is finished) once unpacked the packed version went away

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Old thing when people preloaded it, the initial download was 65gb then you needed another 65 to unpack it (because you cant just remove the packed one until the unpacking is finished) once unpacked the packed version went away

Is it still a thing?

Is it still a thing?

No, as I said it was for preloading

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

In the event im wrong though (possible I only had the preload) and it is a thing its a temp 130gb after which the installation is 65gb and there is nothing on your part you have to do to get that space back

System Specs

~snip~

Hey there Jfreun1,

It may be the case where the game is downloaded as a compressed 65GB file that needs to be expanded to another 65GB of free space before deleting the initial compressed file. I would check with the support of the game regarding this, the guys there should have a clear and simple answer. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/