Best Case Ever

IshanSethi

lianli pc-08sx

Dmitry's new case, it sucks that the airflow design is stupid, as in non-existent for the main chamber.

Looks nice and well built though, full glass sidepanels and all.

Go look at case lab cases...

I'm sorry, my ass tightened up so hard looking at their prices.... I just fell off my chair.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Dmitry's new case, it sucks that the airflow design is stupid, as in non-existent for the main chamber.

Looks nice and well built though, full glass sidepanels and all.

it only make sense for water cooling i think. since the air flow the gpu gets is really limited. but really super nice case imo.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

it only make sense for water cooling i think. since the air flow the gpu gets is really limited. but really super nice case imo.

And those stock fans look so shitty. Who decided those motor covers were allowed? Lian Li should be ashamed imho.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I'm sorry, my ass tightened up so hard looking at their prices.... I just fell off my chair.

Actually their prices are great considering the build quality is better then ANY OTHER BRAND... hands down. And also has more customization before you buy then any other brand....

Actually their prices are great considering the build quality is better then ANY OTHER BRAND... hands down. And also has more customization before you buy then any other brand....

Actually the Mastercase Pro 5 is coming up there on customization (In fact, I would argue compared to the equivalent (mercury line) they are already there.)

Not to mention that Caselabs cases tend to completely miss on features ordinary users might want (you know like dust filters...) because that isn't what they are for.

Now don't get me wrong. They make great cases... For a particular type of build and user artistic style. A style I do not personally appreciate, and a build type I will never do (even when I am willing to spend 3-5k on a computer.)

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Actually the Mastercase Pro 5 is coming up there on customization (In fact, I would argue compared to the equivalent (mercury line) they are already there.)

Not to mention that Caselabs cases tend to completely miss on features ordinary users might want (you know like dust filters...) because that isn't what they are for.

Now don't get me wrong. They make great cases... For a particular type of build and user artistic style. A style I do not personally appreciate, and a build type I will never do (even when I am willing to spend 3-5k on a computer.)

Im sorry the whole mastercase 5 crap about being modular is stupid, oh you can change where the hhd bays go... so can alot of other cases... oh you can pick from only 2 freaking tops... no sorry that is NOT a modular case, and frankly it looks like crap and cheap plastic...

Im sorry the whole mastercase 5 crap about being modular is stupid, oh you can change where the hhd bays go... so can alot of other cases... oh you can pick from only 2 freaking tops... no sorry that is NOT a modular case, and frankly it looks like crap and cheap plastic...

And the Caselab case allows you the choice of side panel! yay! Or you can choose to not have a front I/O! YAY!

I mean the top mounting system bs is literally the same crap caselabs prides itself on everywhere.

I could build a caselabs case out of literally the same materials by hand (well I'd use my milling tools but still).  That is actually less interesting to me than the semi plastic stuff I couldn't easily do on my own.

I won't be buying either, but there is nothing special in the options given by a Caselabs case (at least until you get into the fulltower range for Caselabs). 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

And those stock fans look so shitty. Who decided those motor covers were allowed? Lian Li should be ashamed imho.

but their build quality is no doubt one of the best in the market. Hands down. Just the details here and there. I would still totally buy that case if i have the money tho with thermaltake riing fan at front a triple rad to cool cpu and all the best for my gpu lol.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

but their build quality is no doubt one of the best in the market. Hands down. Just the details here and there. I would still totally buy that case if i have the money tho with thermaltake riing fan at front a triple rad to cool cpu and all the best for my gpu lol.

And yet they supposedly price themselves on the details... 

But... why would you use those terribad fans?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Anidees AI6? Be Quiet! Silent Base 600/800?

The Define S is also quite nicely designed.

There's lots of interesting cases out there now, pretty much a flavor for everyone.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Antec 900  :P  Still good, just missing a lot of features from new things like tool-less cages and cable management.

Shit, I thought you said Antec 1900 at first!  :lol:

Watching Tiny Tom Logan try to close this fucker up

And HardwareCanucks just shits all over the 1900

I want a good case that is very big, but also not cumber some, able to fit a lot. A case that would be too big to lift by one person is the 900D

Budget: none

big = versatile but good looking case

i think a corsair graphite 780t would fit your needs perfectly, if not then look at some nzxt cases because their cases are stellar. 

Define R5 or Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

I want a good case that is very big, but also not cumber some, able to fit a lot. A case that would be too big to lift by one person is the 900D

Budget: none

big = versatile but good looking case

I can recommend the Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5. I think it looks stunning and it can fit A LOT of components. It easily fits a Noctua NH-D15, and you'd have no problem fitting a 280mm rad in the top of the case (although, the base MasterCase 5 does not support a top mounted rad). Really solid, but pretty heavy with a system in it. I am fairly small, though, so your mileage may vary. If you want pictures with a system, PM me.

A similar looking case is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, which is considerably cheaper. A couple of other highly recommended cases are the Fractal Design Define R5/S, NZXT H440, Corsair Air 540, Corsair Obsidian 450D.

Do you have an inclining towards silent or air flow optimised cases?

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Are we 15 posts into this topic and I'm the only one who has suggested a case built with better material than steel?

The best case ever isn't going to be made out of simple steel like every other budget case on the planet.

where are the carbon fibre cases???? Someone, somewhere has to try that out .......

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M