H440, Air 540 or Define R5

8enjicraf2

All are good. If you need silence then the R5 an H440 are better, if you want the cube-ness the 540 is great. I would take any of them TBH xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I've worked with the Noctis 450 (same interior, different aesthetics), Define R4 (I know, not the R5 but they're pretty similar) and the Air 540. In fact, they're all sitting right here near me.

Honestly, they're all great cases. You would likely see lower GPU temps in the Air 540 since it is airflow-focused, but the other two are better built. I'd go with either the NZXT or Fractal Design case personally because of the build quality.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

R5 or the even the Define S if you want to spend less will be fine.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Are you looking for something more quiet? flashy?

These are all pretty good options. I am currently using the h440 and its not as quiet as you may think even though there are sound dampening material if you are going with stock and using the fan splitter. Just a heads up.

Ways to get around that are to use the on board system fan plugs depending on how many fans you will be using you man need fan split cables. Another option is to use a fan controller like the grid+ or something.

Are you looking for something more quiet? flashy?

These are all pretty good options. I am currently using the h440 and its not as quiet as you may think even though there are sound dampening material if you are going with stock and using the fan splitter. Just a heads up.

Ways to get around that are to use the on board system fan plugs depending on how many fans you will be using you man need fan split cables. Another option is to use a fan controller like the grid+ or something.

The way that post started I felt like you wanted to sell me something...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Out of those, the R5.

The H440 is good build quality but poor design, front intake and top exhaust are very restrictive.

The Air 540 is just bullshit for how much it costs not even coming with a PSU filter or top filter, when cases half the price offer that. Because it says Corsair on it they think they can charge more or something, it's not like it uses better materials or has better build quality than a lot of cheaper cases.

The R5 has proper filters, except for the moduvent top thing but at least it's covered unlike the Air 540. Its airflow is also better than the H440. Build quality looks pretty good too.

With the latest revision of the H440, I would say go for that.

The key advantage of the R5 over the H440 was that it was silent while retaining airflow. The old H440 was really restrictive on airflow but apparently they updated the design to allow more intake. 

With the latest revision of the H440, I would say go for that.

The key advantage of the R5 over the H440 was that it was silent while retaining airflow. The old H440 was really restrictive on airflow but apparently they updated the design to allow more intake. 

They dont do a a blue tho :/

​Nothing Screams Professional Other Than Comic Sans

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQVfqs

Dark Theme, GG

They dont do a a blue tho :/

they have a black one with blue accents. I don't think the other 2 cases have blue either

Hey Guys,

As title says; Which case is the best?

Im going to have an r9 290x 8GB (390x) and a dual 120mm rad for CPU

Air 540 because clear airflow and separate chamber design.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Define S