The Nexus 6p is a Joke

rcarlos243

It's not even the bend that is concerning, it's the fact that it cracked when he touched it after a few scratches.

How do you think glass is cut?

What? nobody INTENDS to drop their phone, its called an accident, it does not matter how careful you are, anybody is capable of dropping their phone by accident

Some people drop their phones more than others. Its also called being foolish. Believe it or not there are some people who don't put themselves in the situation of potentially dropping there device like myself they don't have to worry about things like this.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Some people drop their phones more than others. Its also called being foolish. Believe it or not there are some people who don't put themselves in the situation of potentially dropping there device like myself they don't have to worry about things like this.

Absolutely but you cannot with 100 confidence tell me that its not possible for you to drop it, or that you have never dropped a single item in your whole life (or never will in the future)

Maybe you are using your phone and trip over the pavement, or slip on a wet floor and BAM $700 phone gone

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Absolutely but you cannot with 100 confidence tell me that its not possible for you to drop it, or that you have never dropped a single item in your whole life (or never will in the future)

Maybe you are using your phone and trip over the pavement, or slip on a wet floor and BAM $700 phone gone

Were in the same country fam. Its 500 quid and turning up in the next few days.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I wish people got this upset about more important issues.

*puts my basic scientific knowledge hat*

The bend test itself is a joke.

1. You don't bend a phone after a burn test. The heat from the burn test will make some (if not all) aluminum/plastic/circuit parts (although most likely plastic) soften from the burn test. Add the fact that the guy bent the phone from the point where he lit up the flame in the burn test, this test is not scientifically accurate.

2. Who bends a phone that bad? The only reason Lew (UnboxTherapy) did the iPhone 6+ bend test is because people have been reporting it, stating that it bends from their pockets. Your phone doesn't bend a near-90 degrees unless its a flip phone.

PS: The Verge actually covered this, and I agree with what they said: https://t.co/5qmeFpOqOq

I wish people got this upset about more important issues.

Important issues scare people so they fix petty things instead

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You guys notice something?

This is either pre-release hardware or a knockoff.

No huaweai logo, the nexus logo doesn't stick out enough, random sticker obviously covering a serial #, etc

Haha, interesting. I think the only really useful test was probably the one where he scratched the back. That's pretty weak. Then again, if you store your phone in the pocket that has keys and everything in it...well...that's not a great idea either.

The heat test is just stupid. Who holds their phone up to an open flame?

And thats why you don't have Hawaiiu build you a phone. #CheapPhones

Except they make really great phones as well..so..

intentionally trying to destroy or damage the phone means it's shit mfw

What does mfw mean?

Huawei phones are built like fucking tanks. This is most definitely Google skimping on the design.

I doubt Google had much to say about this.

It's not even the bend that is concerning, it's the fact that it cracked when he touched it after a few scratches.

Eh, technically he put a few pretty serious scratches in the device before it cracked. If he pushed down close enough to one of the other cracks, it's not that much of a stretch to picture the crack growing, is it?

My phone started out with one scratch. I pushed down on it, it basically spidered the whole screen. It happens, not just with this device, but with anything made of glass.

I drop my phone all the time, lol. My OnePlus One's screen doesn't even have a scratch on it, thankfully, although it does have a little ding (for lack of a better word) on one of the corners of the phone. 

The 6P would probably be damaged very easily if I owned it.

It totally depends on how it drops. You can drop something from 4 feet up and it'll be fine, or drop it from 3 inches to the ground and it'll shatter.

stop trying to wear jeans that make your ass look big then

But I like to be bootylicious :(

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Interesting video... I think the 6P seems like an awesome phone even if the build quality is not that amazing.

I like my LG G4 a lot but if I had to buy a phone noew I would seriously consider the 6P.

How do you think glass is cut?

Though it cuts off where it is scored, this didn't.

The whole test is a fail, the screen is a fair bit of the rigidity of the device, it was basically fucked as soon as it was cracked and burned.

Second phone bent too lol

Desktop: Windows 10 / i7-5960x (4.2ghz @ 1.08v)) / X99 Sabertooth / Corsair 32gb DDR4 2400 / ASUS Strix GTX 970 / 500GB MX200/128GB M4 + 2x 3TB WD RED / 27" Dell 4K + 27" ASUS 1440p

Laptop: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13 / i5-5257u / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD

I for one have manlet hands and strength so I don't see this being a problem for me in the forseeable future, or ever.

I work with $10,000 PCB's that are installed onto downhole drilling tools which are touted to be the most durable, longest lasting, with the highest temperature rating in the industry. The quality of these boards is astounding. I can easily break them in half though. Go figure. ;)

The lighter loosened the adhesive and therefore caused the phone to snap, right at that spot.

Second phone bent too lol

Holy shit that was easy :o

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

-snip-

xD i dont wanna be a crow in terms of beliefness or scandals and i indeed watched his video, saw the phone in its "glorious" package, but to be honest when i saw how the box was shipped like and all the acessories and the phone itself were out of order, i just wondered to myself if those arent testing units or failed samples from the factory path, that are coming to his hands directly from google, to prove the point that: "The word Nexus, can be deceiving!". But seriously from the way that packaging was opened in round 2, it should be a stand point of the still defending fans, and im surprised i dont see many comments on how desorganized a packaging can affect the authenticity of the final outcome.... Nonetheless i will only know if it bends if i try it myself, which i probably will not but from two videos to over ten out there showing the opposite result, i will not base my buying choices on the future because some random carrot man is trying to show a "Smartphone" being bent, and attempting to make Nexus consumers back off those products. I have a Galaxy S6 and i still vote an A+ grade for the Nexus 6P.

Groomlake Authority

Mmm so true. THe 5x looks good though but i would prefer a one plus two over a 5x for my next phone to replace my trusty nexus 5

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one