Windows 10 BSoD due to USB?

Go to solution Solved by DXMember,

Haven't had a crash yet so I'm assuming it was related to my overclock. The phone did stop midway through writing (Which I believe might be the phones SD card failing) however when I unplugged the device I did not experience the blue screen which I would've previously. So I think the blue screen may of been caused by the OC. Also I believe the base clock was still default I think I only increased the multiplier which would explain the BSoDs.

That's weird, the multiplier does not explain it to me...

But I'm glad you resolved your issue.

If I were you, instead of trying to write something to that SD card I would instead copy everything from to an archive on your desktop and replace the SD card ASAP

Hi, I'm trying to copy music over to my phone but I keep having it stop telling me tgat the device has either been disconnected or has stopped responding. Shortly after this the PC will freeze and blue screen showing DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I only have USB 3.0 on my system so I'm wondering whether this could be causing the crash? 

Hi, I'm trying to copy music over to my phone but I keep having it stop telling me tgat the device has either been disconnected or has stopped responding. Shortly after this the PC will freeze and blue screen showing DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I only have USB 3.0 on my system so I'm wondering whether this could be causing the crash? 

got some weird USB anti-malware stuff running on your system?

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

in  b4 "ZOMG WATCHDOG ERROR WINDOWS 10 IS SPYING ON JOO!"

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

got some weird USB anti-malware stuff running on your system?

No, I have ESET 9 but anything regarding removable devices has been turned off.

could the device be faulty?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

DPC is related to drivers

WATCHDOG is related to microcontrollers, violation of watchdog means that the device has failed to respond in timely manner.

BSOD is Windows self-defence mechanism to protect you against file corruption or hardware damage

I suggest you run DPCLat  test (just google for "dpclat download") and plug your USB device in, post back with screenshots from DPCLat

I noticed that your USB device is a phone,

what OS is your phone running? Is it Android?

What version?

Could it be that your phone goes into stand-by / sleep at about the same time you get the error message?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

DPC is related to drivers

WATCHDOG is related to microcontrollers, violation of watchdog means that the device has failed to respond in timely manner.

BSOD is Windows self-defence mechanism to protect you against file corruption or hardware damage

I suggest you run DPCLat  test (just google for "dpclat download") and plug your USB device in, post back with screenshots from DPCLat

I noticed that your USB device is a phone,

what OS is your phone running? Is it Android?

What version?

Could it be that your phone goes into stand-by / sleep at about the same time you get the error message?

The device is running 4.4.2 android, the crash doesn't occur until I remove the device after it stops responding.

Going to try resetting my OC, might make a difference if it is a voltage issue.

Going to try resetting my OC, might make a difference if it is a voltage issue.

Have you changed base clock?

Is your RAM overclocked as well?

Have you tried connecting said phone to another computer, does it make it crash too?

Also what operating system is your computer running?

have you changed base clock?

Have you tried connecting said phone to another computer, does it make it crash too?

Also what operating system is your computer running?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro Build 10240. Tried writing files from my laptop, had no issues. Base clock is know set back to default via CMOS reset. 

Laptops running Fedora 22.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro Build 10240. Tried writing files from my laptop, had no issues. Base clock is know set back to default via CMOS reset. 

Laptops running Fedora 22.

So.... was it not at default before the reset? I'm interested in base clock specifically not multiplier.

How does it work out now, do you still crash?

Does Build 10240 mean it is not a release version of Win10? Are you in the fast-ring insider program?

Would it be possible for you to boot a fresh install of Win10 or Linux in any way?

Have you tried copying files to a regular USB thumb drive?

So.... was it not at default before the reset? I'm interested in base clock specifically not multiplier.

How does it work out now, do you still crash?

Does Build 10240 mean it is not a release version of Win10? Are you in the fast-ring insider program?

Would it be possible for you to boot a fresh install of Win10 or Linux in any way?

Have you tried copying files to a regular USB thumb drive?

Haven't had a crash yet so I'm assuming it was related to my overclock. The phone did stop midway through writing (Which I believe might be the phones SD card failing) however when I unplugged the device I did not experience the blue screen which I would've previously. So I think the blue screen may of been caused by the OC. Also I believe the base clock was still default I think I only increased the multiplier which would explain the BSoDs.

That's weird, the multiplier does not explain it to me...

But I'm glad you resolved your issue.

If I were you, instead of trying to write something to that SD card I would instead copy everything from to an archive on your desktop and replace the SD card ASAP