Youtube Red! No revenue for content creators for a month!

Xenift

Various tweets from YouTube creators all around the web has reported that they will not recieve revenue during the YoutubeRed trial month on Youtube.

Since ADs are not supported during this period, many YouTube creators has decided to move to twitch for the time being to secure their income in this period of uncertainty.

https://twitter.com/GuudeLP/status/659145020486885376

https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/656969271050936320

http://gamepolitics.com/2015/10/27/content-creators-may-lose-revenue-during-youtube-red-30-day-trial-period/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Yogscast/comments/3qh5dn/warning_do_not_get_the_youtube_red_free_trial/

Sorry for late sources, on mobile and forgot :P

[unfortunately, according to an email from multi-channel network BroadbandTV, this means that content creators “may see a dip in [their] revenue from American audiences as views from users who have signed up for the service will be ad-free and free of subscription revenue for the month.”]

-Quoted

No sources? 

It just tweets.. unless the tweets has official email from Youtube, Youtube still could pay content creators even if the trails are free.  I dont think people will move off Youtube because it still the largest and popular video platform. 

Magical Pineapples

I remember Apple pulled this with Apple Music until Taylor Swift wrote an open letter complaining, then they backtracked and paid creators for the trial period. Wonder if people on YT could do something similar. Then again, YouTube is forcing everyone to participate in red so I guess it's a little different, not like huge YT channels can simply migrate elsewhere in protest.

PC: CPU: i7-5820k  GPU: GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC 8GB  RAM: 32GB DDR4   SSD: Samsung Evo 850 1TB  Board: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Case: Corsair 760T

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" (i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM)

No sources?

It just tweets.. unless the tweets has official email from Youtube, Youtube still could pay content creators even if the trails are free.

Tweets from them :D

https://twitter.com/GuudeLP/status/659145020486885376

https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/656969271050936320

Sorry for late sources, on mobile and forgot :P

Why has nobody created a serious competitor to Youtube? Someone needs to start making one right now. May switch to vessel instead of youtube.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

By the tone of their voices, it seems that for Youtube to send out such a large scale broadcast, this is confirmed for the time being.

FYI for those confused this is for trials, those that pay for red and view someones video will get the stupidly managed* cut from youtube

*= all subs after youtubes gets their cut goes to a pool, creators will get paid depending on how much content they view on their channels so if someones spent 10% of their time wathing LTT (as an example) LTT will get the 10% of what the red sub payed after youtube cut (which is 55%) meaning that the only way you can support a creator through red is by watching them and not others as much as possible, hence why is stupid.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Why has nobody created a serious competitor to Youtube? Someone needs to start making one right now. May switch to vessel instead of youtube.

i'm going to assume is because 1) managing DMCA would be a nightmare even whit youtube retarded systems for managing that and more importantly 2) only a handful of companies could pay for the insane amount of space that a site like youtube requires.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

People have tried. Including Yahoo. But you can see how far those got.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

So, any source? To me this sounds like yet another knee-jerk reaction by people which might end up being entirely wrong.

Kind of like how 90% of the initial reactions to YouTube Red were (even from big YouTubers)...

So, any source? To me this sounds like yet another knee-jerk reaction by people which might end up being entirely wrong.

Kind of like how 90% of the initial reactions to YouTube Red were (even from big YouTubers)...

Added source, no official sources when this was posted.

Just start a Patreon, disable ads, make good content and stop bitching. I'm Jim fucking Sterling, son.

Im worried about honest content creators that don't focus about money and just making quality content.

These people don't want a part in patreon.

Added source, no official sources when this was posted.

So these news comes from BroadbandTV which says that creators may see a dip in their revenue.

Again, sounds like a knee-jerk reaction to the news that there will be a free trial. Does anyone know what Google are currently doing the free trials on for example Google Music?

I am not saying Google are innocent, but I would like some more evidence than an email from one network which says that it might happen before I say this is bad. If it ends up being true then it could be really bad, at least for channels with a big US audience that might be interested in YouTube Red.

So these news comes from BroadbandTV which says that creators may see a dip in their revenue.

Again, sounds like a knee-jerk reaction to the news that there will be a free trial. Does anyone know what Google are currently doing the free trials on for example Google Music?

I am not saying Google are innocent, but I would like some more evidence than an email from one network which says that it might happen before I say this is bad. If it ends up being true then it could be really bad, at least for channels with a big US audience that might be interested in YouTube Red.

Added another source from the YogsCast which said that they are told that they will not be compensated for people with the trial.

Its currently US only, and I bet 99% of people do not sign up, so I don't think its going to kill anyone

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Does anyone know what Google are currently doing the free trials on for example Google Music?

I know that when Google Play Music launched in Sweden, they made it so that those who signed up during the first month got an early-adopter discount (79 sek/month instead of 99sek/month).

I may be wrong here, but doesn't music subscription services usually have lots of upfront licensing agreements in place with labels and such?

Vessel will be a graveyard after the free trial is over. The only benefit of Vessel is having early access which is not actually a benefit at all since the videos will go to YouTube anyway.

Ye ole' train