Fallout 4 Receiving Too Much Hype?

Mobilizer

Now this is just my personal opinion, but with all the praise Fallout 4 has been getting since E3 2015, along with the whole "Todd Howard won E3" thingamabob, maybe it's simply an overstatement for what is to come.

Fallout and TES have a cult following.

Everyone's against pre-orders until their favorite series has a new game coming up. IMO, you have no right to bitch about pre-order bullshit if you pre-ordered Fallout 4 "because it's always been a good game".

That wasn't directed at you, OP, just in general.

I spent 2000usd so far and I'm getting ready to drop another 300 getting ready for Fallout 4. So, maybe.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I spent 2000usd so far and I'm getting ready to drop another 300 getting ready for Fallout 4. So, maybe.

o_o $300? On what?

whut?

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Everyone's against pre-orders until their favorite series has a new game coming up. IMO, you have no right to bitch about pre-order bullshit if you pre-ordered Fallout 4 "because it's always been a good game".

Yeah I follow this philosophy even though I trust bethesda to make a decent game I didn't pre-order and won't pre-order, I may buy it the instant it is released though, just like when I waited to buy a physical copy of skyrim for my xbox 11/11/11 at midnight

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I couldn't give 2 shits about Fallout 4. 

Come at me haters lol.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  

cant stop the hype train

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I'm definitely expecting some sort of hullabaloo on launch for one reason or another, but hopefully they'll get sorted fairly quick. I'll probably end up waiting for the bundle edition regardless.

-This space intentionally left blank-

o_o $300? On what?

Crossfire, going to kill Fallout 4 with CROSSFIYA!!!

this * Vintage Professional Killstreak Force-A-Nature

it makes the poster (not directed at OP, just in general) look like a hypocrite

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Now to understand fallout's hype you must understand why people love bethesda games, bugs/mods or no they have the ability to make you want to play their games until you know the worlds they created inside and out, I think it has to do with the player types and how explorer players don't have as many games to look forward too. While other player archetypes (achievers, killers, socializers) have more releases to look forward to.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

i'm honestly excited for fallout 4. yeah there'll be bugs at launch but i can deal with it

Crossfire, going to kill Fallout 4 with CROSSFIYA!!!

i don't think you need that much power for fallout 4, in spite of the requirements asking for pretty beefy hardware. unless you're poking fun about it being a gameworks title..

i'm honestly excited for fallout 4. bugs are so synonymous with bethesda i can deal with it at this point 

i don't think you need that much power for fallout 4, in spite of the requirements asking for pretty beefy hardware. unless you're poking fun about it being a gameworks title..

No, just an obsessed fan. Even if it's Witcher demanding I'll need crossfire to hit 60fps with most everything enabled. That's the goal.

I don't give a damn about Fallout...

All I've heard about Fallout is how glitchy it is,

There's usually glitches at release but nothing game breaking. And what glitches there are gets patched quickly enough. 

I'm a huge Fallout fan, but all I'm hoping for is a good game that can provide me with hundreds of hours of entertainment. If they at least meet that I'll be satisfied.

Now, "Too much hype"? Maybe for some, but generally with many of my friends that are also Fallout fans we are taking the wait and see approach. Personally if it's a good game day one, doesn't have much performance issues and no game breaking elements at first then I'll be putting down my $60 on it.

The past games have been great with good DLC(honestly I'd consider them expansions), and I'm really surprised the Season Pass is only $30. I was honestly expecting more than that, so I'm curious as to see how they are really planning their DLC with pricing and content.

There's usually glitches at release but nothing game breaking. And what glitches there are gets patched quickly enough.

Not really, there are speed run glitches and just usual glitches that I've been using since FO3's and FNV's release that still work today, and they are all well known. But they have to be used intentionally and can't be used accidentally, so maybe Bethesda kept them in as a easter egg/fun thing to do? But there are still glitches that remain in the games today.

Banned. 

thanks m9

My rig: 

I'm a huge Fallout fan, but all I'm hoping for is a good game that can provide me with hundreds of hours of entertainment. If they at least meet that I'll be satisfied.

Now, "Too much hype"? Maybe for some, but generally with many of my friends that are also Fallout fans we are taking the wait and see approach. Personally if it's a good game day one, doesn't have much performance issues and no game breaking elements at first then I'll be putting down my $60 on it.

The past games have been great with good DLC(honestly I'd consider them expansions), and I'm really surprised the Season Pass is only $30. I was honestly expecting more than that, so I'm curious as to see how they are really planning their DLC with pricing and content.

Not really, there are speed run glitches and just usual glitches that I've been using since FO3's and FNV's release that still work today, and they are all well known. But they have to be used intentionally and can't be used accidentally, so maybe Bethesda kept them in as a easter egg/fun thing to do? But there are still glitches that remain in the games today.

Like I said, nothing game breaking. I wasn't a fan of NV. But I bought Fallout 3 the week it came out and it was perfectly playable. Yes, there were glitches and the bigger ones got patched. Minor glitches occur in more games than not. I just beat Alien Isolation and there were several very minor glitches in it. Minor glitches don't bother me.

It's bugs like the quest breaking ones in Witcher 3 that piss me off. 

Like I said, nothing game breaking. I wasn't a fan of NV. But I bought Fallout 3 the week it came out and it was perfectly playable. Yes, there were glitches and the bigger ones got patched. Minor glitches occur in more games than not. I just beat Alien Isolation and there were several very minor glitches in it. Minor glitches don't bother me.

It's bugs like the quest breaking ones in Witcher 3 that piss me off.

Yep, total agree. A Bethesda fan knows that if you see an object with a name, you don't touch it unless you have a quest for it. And if an NPC has a name, save them for last.