Making money without a job

JoshPC

To be completely blunt, a 13 year old doesn't need a $1,500 PC. 

Mid-twenties me doesn't need a $1,300 PC yet I have one. X:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

What depressing thread. Aside from all the laughing the replies cause, depressing...

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

Nah you totally do :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

To be completely blunt, a 13 year old doesn't need a $1,500 PC. 

I agree, but also remember Australia taxes on everything and because of that, computer components cost lots (Cheapest 8GB kit of ram is about $80)

I agree, but also remember Australia taxes on everything and because of that, computer components cost lots (Cheapest 8GB kit of ram is about $80)

And to think 3 years ago the Australia dollar was stronger then the US. I wonder what the hell happened....

I'm 13 years old right now and I have around $150. I'm saving for around $1500 for my gaming PC. Please leave suggestions on what you did to earn money besides working at home as I already do that.

If you have Minecraft, and have building skill you could build for people for cash, I did it and it earned me a fair amount of cash.

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

I live in Australia so it's a bit expensive to buy things, $1,500 covers the monitor OS, keyboard, mouse and headset as well as the PC and desk. Plus by the time I have that money I'll probably be 15

I realized this after hitting post! It seems less bad when you consider the currency. That said, I'm a year younger than Linus and remember my family didn't even get a PC till I was a freshman in highschool (14-15) and it was a very basic HP with a slow Celeron.

I always feel bad whenever I see a member from Australia or New Zealand post here because their prices are so awful! :C

Kind of a decent age gap, wouldn't you say? As mentioned to the OP. Around this age, my family didn't even have a PC till a little while after and when we did, it was far from a nice custom gaming rig.

I mean no disrespect to OP, I'm looking at this from a 28 year olds perspective who remembers the PC scene from what feels like forever ago now. Doing a direct conversion, 1.5k AUD is 1088.63 USD. I think the piece of crap Celeron my folks bought when I was 14-15 was probably around 600ish dollars including monitor ect. The first and only HP I ever had to deal with. :P

Its alright kiddo, once you're 18 and studying at a university apply for youth allowance and let the dosh come in for no hard work what so ever

Pretty sure there's no way to get free money or a way to get money to fall from the sky and hit you in the face, just work outside, ask neighbors for odd jobs like mowing lawns or walking dogs. Etc.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I'm 13 years old right now and I have around $150. I'm saving for around $1500 for my gaming PC. Please leave suggestions on what you did to earn money besides working at home as I already do that.

You don't, if it was possible to earn that much money without a job do you think anyone would actually work?

csgo cases and lots of weed

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Have you considered multiplying???? Its great, you would probably need X10, you would have the money in no time!!!

CPU: i5 4460

RAM: 8GB 1866mhz DDR3

MOBO: MSI GAMING 3

GPU: MSI R9 380 4GB

CASE: Corsair SPEC-03

SSD: Kingston Savage 240GB

PSU: XFX 500W

find stuff at thrift stores that you can sell off at a profit.

Gross thrift stores are already expensive for there goods for the fact that you're helping other people. I remember going into a thrift store and there furniture was always the price of the same thing brand new or even more, if a thrift store has a hard time selling it don't think you could make mad profit on that or everyone would do it.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Gross thrift stores are already expensive for there goods for the fact that you're helping other people. I remember going into a thrift store and there furniture was always the price of the same thing brand new or even more, if a thrift store has a hard time selling it don't think you could make mad profit on that or everyone would do it.

There are thrift stores that have good deals on stuff. Goodwill doesn't count.

If you looked I'm 13 and in my country you have to be 14 and 10 months old

That is an oddly specific age to start working.

I live in Australia so it's a bit expensive to buy things, $1,500 covers the monitor OS, keyboard, mouse and headset as well as the PC and desk. Plus by the time I have that money I'll probably be 15

Assuming that is 1500 AUS, that is still 100 USD which is probably much more than you need to spend.  I built a 1200 rig not long ago and realized how unnecessary it was. Much of that went into aesthetics which I did not need to do and I sacrificed a good cooler to have fancy looking parts.  I love looking at it everyday, but I could have got the performance I needed for a few hundred less than I spent.

If money is an issue (and when you are 13 it always is) then go budget and get by without ultimate graphics until you get a job.

As a 13-year-old chances are you don't have the skill, experience or strength to do something that someone wants to pay someone for, so helping with chores and staying in school is your best bet imo.

Also, you don't need a 1500 dollar rig. It's not the responsible thing to do or recommend. Hell, a 1000 dollar rig is already pretty sweet tbh.

Mine cost about 850 euros at the time, peripherals included. Granted, it's not a top-of-the-line gaming rig but it doesn't need to be. Besides, you'll need some money leftover to buy the games themselves.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I do a daily paper round and deliver about 40 papers each day - takes me about 1/2 hour on bike/scooter and I get paid £30 (about $45) every week. It doesn't seem like much but when you counter in the 'tips' you get at Christmas by putting Merry Christmas cards through people's doors it really adds up. I got around £220 (about $340) of Christmas tips alone last year and that was only with 30ish papers!

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Officiating sports should earn decent coin and you can do it at 13

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Collect scrap metal/cans to recycle.

Buy at yard sales, then flip items at a flea market, CL, or another local site.

Buy used lawn equipment, fix them (most require a carb cleaning only) and sell them.