Should I buy G2A shield with the game I want to purchase?

Manchu
Go to solution Solved by Rekx,

Well it depends. If you buy a cheap game then no, but if you buy a full priced game then yes. Also if the seller have overwhelming positive reviews i'ts safe.

Hello all, this is my first post on the LTT forums, but I have one simple question: Should I buy the G2A shield along with the game I want to purchase? I'm fine with spending the extra $1 or whatever it is, but I'm not entirely fond of the fact that you have to install a remote connection on your PC and they have to watch you enter the key. This is mostly because of the fact that it takes more time to do that, but I don't really like someone I don't know remotely connecting to my PC.

Oh yeah, I should also mention the person I'm buying from has 168500 reviews total, and 167484 of which are positive. There are 381 neutral and 631 negative reviews as well. It seems as though the person is pretty reliable, so should I skip the shield and hope for the best?

Thanks,

Manchu :)

Edit: Changed title. It sounded stupid before :D

CPU i7 6800k @ 4GHz, 1.255v

Cooler Scythe FUMA 2

Motherboard ASUS X99 ROG

RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (+100MHz core, +200MHz memory)

Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 500GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD 

PSU EVGA 650G2

Case Phanteks P400S TG + 3x NZXT Aer 2 RGB Fans + NZXT Hue 2

Monitors Acer CB271HU, Dell S2440L

OS Windows 10

PCPartPicker Link https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MiniManchu/saved/cHnWZL

Hello all, this is my first post on the LTT forums, but I have one simple question: Should I buy the G2A shield along with the game I want to purchase? I'm fine with spending the extra $1 or whatever it is, but I'm not entirely fond of the fact that you have to install a remote connection on your PC and they have to watch you enter the key. This is mostly because of the fact that it takes more time to do that, but I don't really like someone I don't know remotely connecting to my PC.

Oh yeah, I should also mention the person I'm buying from has 168500 reviews total, and 167484 of which are positive. There are 381 neutral and 631 negative reviews as well. It seems as though the person is pretty reliable, so should I skip the shield and hope for the best?

Thanks,

Manchu :)

Since when do you need to install a remote connection for them to watch  you type it in? All the times i bought from them i didnt have to

Since when do you need to install a remote connection for them to watch  you type it in? All the times i bought from them i didnt have to

I read somewhere else on the LTT forums and I could've sworn they said you get a little file you have to install after you buy the shield. Maybe they've changed it. I probably should've looked at the date.

Cooler Scythe FUMA 2

Motherboard ASUS X99 ROG

PSU EVGA 650G2

OS Windows 10

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Yup, it's that one. They must've changed it.

Cooler Scythe FUMA 2

Motherboard ASUS X99 ROG

PSU EVGA 650G2

OS Windows 10

Well it depends. If you buy a cheap game then no, but if you buy a full priced game then yes. Also if the seller have overwhelming positive reviews i'ts safe.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Ok, I think I'll go for it! It's only $5 ish without the shield, so yeah...

Cooler Scythe FUMA 2

Motherboard ASUS X99 ROG

PSU EVGA 650G2

OS Windows 10