Google Opposes Completely Removing Sites Because Of Copyright Violations

qwertywarrior

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/24335/google-wont-completely-remove-sites-because-of-copyright-violations/

this is very odd coming from google i didnt know they opposed this. There have been times when legit sites have been removed completely  because of bogus DMCA take downs. I hope things change

Delisting in this context means that no results from a particular site would appear in any search results, - MPAA

24335-2bc48f5f_945_556.jpg

Google is not a fan of removing entire sites from its search results because some of their pages violate copyrights. In a letter to the Office of Management and Budget's Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, Google has explained its opposition to whole-site removal. Google believes removing entire sites is heavy-handed since very few infringing domains are made up entirely of infringing content.

Daniel H. Marti, the United States Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, has asked for input on the issue. While Google's input is that it opposes the removal of entire domains, the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) is in favor of search engines having to delist domains.

The MPAA says domains should be wiped from search results if a court finds even a single copyright violation on the site.

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

K then. This doesn't make sense to me at all.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

K then. This doesn't make sense to me at all.

its like this

for example lets say i posted a warez link on this forum and it was ignored or missed by the mods. if the content holders of that offending link notices it he can issue a DMCA take down but not on the thread but on the entire website so if u tried to search of linustechtips on google it wont show up

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

its like this

for example lets say i posted a warez link on this forum and it was ignored or missed by the mods. if the content holders of that offending link notices it he can issue a DMCA take down but not on the thread but on the entire website so if u tried to search of linustechtips on google it wont show up

do you agree with this method ?

Personally, I think this is stupid like other search engines are avalibe too.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

do you agree with this method ?

Personally, I think this is stupid like other search engines are avalibe too.

under DMCA google has no choice but to comply.If they show the links its like they are helping pirate copyrighted content

google is sick of this because its very hard for them to keep track all this time

most search engines have to comply also but there are search engines out there that are uncensored like

https://prism-break.org/en/subcategories/windows-web-search/

Personally, I want everything to appear when I search things. Sometimes I really want to watch an anime movie that has already been out forever and made it's money but I can't seem to find a single legit place to watch it no matter how hard I try. In that scenario, I am perfectly fine with watching pirated recording on a random site. Like I said, usually it's something old that has already had it's time in the sun making money. For this, Google not censoring the search results will be a huge thing for me.

Another reason why I am against result censoring like this is because what if they start censoring legit sites (and possibly not telling anyone) just because the sites might be for something that is against their views? I can totally see this as a possibility. Not exactly saying Google would do this, but it is at least a legitimate possibility.

EDIT: LOL THAT SIGNATURE ON THE OP

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Good Google. And was usual, Fuck the MPAA who still think they're dealing with DVD rips sold in a garage.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

No point in trying to hide the site.

take 1 down 2 more will come up.