What to upgrade to coming from Samsung Galaxy S3

So i have my S3 for near on 2 years and for day to day use its starting to get slow, so i want to upgrade, the question is what to upgrade too!

Here are some options i've picked out and my budget is £300 tops, look at UK websites and stores only please e.g. if its only a US phone then don't bother showing me it :)

So my choices are these:

Sony Xperia Z3: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSony+Xperia+Z3.TRS0&_nkw=Sony+Xperia+Z3&_sacat=0

Sony Xperia Z2: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_sop=2&_nkw=Sony%20Xperia%20Z2&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Sony Xperia Z2a: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=Sony+Xperia+Z3v&_udlo=100&_mPrRngCbx=1&_osacat=0&ssPageName=GSTL&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.XSony+Xperia+Z2.TRS0&_nkw=Sony+Xperia+Z2a&_sacat=0

HTC One M8: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=2&LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=htc%20one%20m8&LH_PrefLoc=1&_dcat=9355&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=150&_udhi

Samsung Galaxy S5: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=samsung+galaxy+s4&LH_PrefLoc=1&_udlo=150&_sop=2&LH_BIN=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsamsung+galaxy+s5.TRS0&_nkw=samsung+galaxy+s5&_sacat=0

Or post your idea's if you have found better.

Just because my budget is £300 don't just max it out straight away look around the £240/£250 mark.

Thanks, Luke.

Go for the M9/S5. They are very similar just go with what you think looks better. (One m8)

Take a look at the Nexus 5X. I'm not sure if it is on sale in the UK yet, but it may be worth waiting a couple weeks if it isn't.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Nexus Masterrace. 

Nexus 5

Take a look at the Nexus 5X. I'm not sure if it is on sale in the UK yet, but it may be worth waiting a couple weeks if it isn't.

I'll take a look at the Nexus phones thanks guys.

Sony Xperia Z3 is a breeze to use!

Intel i5 3570K. Cooler Master Seidon 120V. Asus P8Z77-V LK. Corsair vengeance LP 8GB. EVGA GTX 980 TI ACX 2.0+ SC. Seasonic M12-II 750w. NZXT H440. Crucial BX100 250GB. Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD. Seagate 1TB. Razer Death Adder 2013. Razer Blackwidow Tournament. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohm/Mod Mic 4.0. FiiO E10K DAC. Steelseries QCK+. Benq XL2430T@144Hz. 2x Dell U2414H. Phone Sony Xperia Z3

Go for the M9/S5. They are very similar just go with what you think looks better. (One m8)

Do you mean go for the M8 not the M9 the M9 is a bit too pricey for me :P 

Wait... i did find it for £270 ish on this site, its substantially cheaper than most other sites selling this phone as new and sim only what's the catch can you see guys and anyone ever heard of this company and know if it's bad or good?

http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/htc-one-m9-32gb-4g-lte-sim-free-unlocked-silver-en.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwtaexBRCohZOAoOPL88oBEiQAr96eSOY49aqquaUXGk4R8Q_pYWWm4OA8gZaMtaE7FBn1ZZQaAnn48P8HAQ

Do you mean go for the M8 not the M9 the M9 is a bit too pricey for me :P

Wait... i did find it for £270 ish on this site, its substantially cheaper than most other sites selling this phone as new and sim only what's the catch can you see guys and anyone ever heard of this company and know if it's bad or good?

http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/htc-one-m9-32gb-4g-lte-sim-free-unlocked-silver-en.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwtaexBRCohZOAoOPL88oBEiQAr96eSOY49aqquaUXGk4R8Q_pYWWm4OA8gZaMtaE7FBn1ZZQaAnn48P8HAQ

They seem ok and you can use PayPal.

They seem ok and you can use PayPal.

Ah ok, what did you check, any review websites? Oh ok i guess as long as you use paypal your safe, right, just like on ebay?

Ah ok, what did you check, any review websites? Oh ok i guess as long as you use paypal your safe, right, just like on ebay?

Yah they will protect you and I just googles them.

I had a lot of problems with the HTC one M8. Very buggy software, I had the handset replaced 3 times because of this, I was so disappointed with the M8 Tmobile paid the balance off on my device, so I got the LG G3 now, which has been great for me. It isn't the newest but it does everything I need it to and isn't nearly as buggy as the several M8's I had experienced. Also, the M8's camera was junk. I would say the G3 or G4 in my opinon. I tend to stay away from Samsung because I dislike touchwiz alot. I've never had any experience at all with Xperia's but I hear they are good.

Apparently the Nexus 5X is 330 pounds. The LG G4 is also around that price.

So I think OP's best bet is a OnePlus 2. It's 290 pounds for the 64GB model. Slightly under his budget and is, in my opinion, quite a lot better than the alternatives listed. The only drawback is that you need to get an invite, but that seems a lot easier than with the OnePlus One.

G4? G Flex 2? Zenfone 2?

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

You can try a Note 4. I too came from an S3, then I moved to the Note 4. I don't know whether a Note 4 would fit in your price range though. 

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Ok cool and thanks.

what version of android are you running on your S3?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I had a lot of problems with the HTC one M8. Very buggy software, I had the handset replaced 3 times because of this, I was so disappointed with the M8 Tmobile paid the balance off on my device, so I got the LG G3 now, which has been great for me. It isn't the newest but it does everything I need it to and isn't nearly as buggy as the several M8's I had experienced. Also, the M8's camera was junk. I would say the G3 or G4 in my opinon. I tend to stay away from Samsung because I dislike touchwiz alot. I've never had any experience at all with Xperia's but I hear they are good.

Ah ok i'lll keep this in mind i did see the HTC one M8's camera was rubbish. I was looking at the LG G3 its just with it being that resolution display and the battery capacity it has what is it's daily battery life like (in your use)? I do hate touchwiz on samsung as well but i would just resolve this by installing a custom rom, thats why i put the S5 on the list, oh and the main reasons its on the list its because of it's removable battery.

what version of android are you running on your S3?

4.4.4, i cant remember what it came with now but really don't want to go back further than that. I have tried 5.1 on it and it's specs are just not up to the task.

Apparently the Nexus 5X is 330 pounds. The LG G4 is also around that price.

So I think OP's best bet is a OnePlus 2. It's 290 pounds for the 64GB model. Slightly under his budget and is, in my opinion, quite a lot better than the alternatives listed. The only drawback is that you need to get an invite, but that seems a lot easier than with the OnePlus One.

True i have had this in mind too and i'm sure at some point there will make it non invite again they did a couple weeks back for only 1 day and you had to pick it up from that store in the country listed, which was no where near me :(. The 5X is probably a little too expensive and the G4 lacks some features that i would quite like

LG g4 or V10, dno the price of the V10 though

G4 is a maybe and V10 with the specs i heard it has i can guarantee it wont be under £300.