GPU in notebook slowing down

Tomas_04

should i even post this here? because there's no notebook section in the forum.......

hi i have an Asus Notebook with i3 and GT840m. running windows 10 x64

i was playing CG:GO and FIFA the other day. and it worked fine. i got around 70-80FPS in both games.

but then i windows started downloading updates for me when i shut down the computer. i was in a hurry and i hold the power button so that it will quickly shut down. i went to college, played with a couple of friends there but something odd happened.

my FPS in FIFA is only reaching 44 at best, and in CS:GO it didn't even went past 20FPS.

is the problem with the update that i force stop??

please help.

It may be because of the heat of the GPU so it underclocks so it won't overheat.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

should i even post this here? because there's no notebook section in the forum.......

hi i have an Asus Notebook with i3 and GT840m. running windows 10 x64

i was playing CG:GO and FIFA the other day. and it worked fine. i got around 70-80FPS in both games.

but then i windows started downloading updates for me when i shut down the computer. i was in a hurry and i hold the power button so that it will quickly shut down. i went to college, played with a couple of friends there but something odd happened.

my FPS in FIFA is only reaching 44 at best, and in CS:GO it didn't even went past 20FPS.

is the problem with the update that i force stop??

please help.

1st, make sure you have your laptop connected to Power supply (On battery you loose about 20 frames in almost any game) , then make sure you are on Hi performance not balanced nor power saver, and make sure your gpu and cpu inside the Hi perfor. is maximized performance not underclocked to 30% or anything, then if non of this works then its a problem with either your Gpu drivers, or You tweaked the settings. If non of this works then try to put a fresh windows copy. Thats all I know, also make sure the laptop has a gap between it's bottom and the desk to avoid over heating,